Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

AEM Built in Authentication

Level 2

So i am trying to use the built in authentication for AEM. I am able to create a form where someone can register a user and it puts the user in the users tab in AEM. When i try to make a page with the login component however, it does not work. When you enter in the user and the password and click sign in i get an alert box with the message "The user could not be found." It doesnt matter if its the user i created or the admin but nothing works. When i go to geometrixx or create a page under the geometrixx site with a login, the user i created signs in perfectly fine. I am running AEM 6 SP2. I would appreciate help in figuring out how to implement the login feature. Thank you very much.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hmm. I'm confused why that request would be there at all on publish. I would suggest opening a DayCare ticket with the steps to reproduce.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Employee

Can you use your browser's development tools (Firebug, Chrome Dev Tools, etc.) to capture the HTTP request/response being made when you click sign in and post the details here?

Level 2

So in firefox all i see is the sign in button i cant even see the username and password fields. On chrome when i try to log in I am getting a 404 error on the loader.json?authorizableId=admin

Correct answer by
Employee

Hmm. I'm confused why that request would be there at all on publish. I would suggest opening a DayCare ticket with the steps to reproduce.