Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

AEM author over tomcat

Level 4

Hi,

I am trying to deploy AEM over Tomcat as app server. However, I have a requirement to add a custom filter class which gets gets called on every request, I have configured this in web.xml and the filter class gets called. However this has dependency on a JAR which I have put in the web-inf/lib folder, however it is not able to find the referenced class and throws class not found exception. I thought of including this a dependency but that can't be done as I need to have an actual project with pom.xml but here I have deployed aem war on Tomcat. Any pointers if someone has tried to access class from an external JAR. Any pointers how this can be done. I tried unzipping the war and checking contents, i have my JAR in lib folder but isnt getting picked.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Regards,

Shallu

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

It looks like you need to warp your filter as a custom bundle and deploy it to AEM.

Some generic inputs about a bundle project could be found here https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/experience-manager-core-components/using/developing/archetype...

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

It looks like you need to warp your filter as a custom bundle and deploy it to AEM.

Some generic inputs about a bundle project could be found here https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/experience-manager-core-components/using/developing/archetype...

Employee Advisor

As @berliant  already pointed out, why don't you deploy your filter into AEM? Otherwise you split up your application into multiple codebases, which barely have any relationship and it's actually much harder to share any information between these two.