Expand my Community achievements bar.

AEM Author: Block Tool Tip Pop Ups

Level 1

In AEM author, the tool tip pop up constantly appears, even if a user checks "do not show me this again" and clicks accept. This pop ups show when a user logs into the AEM tree and well as every time we open a page to edit/publish in author.

This issue is specific to the access of the user, as in some environment we are using admin cred due to which we are not facing any issue, but when we login from our own Credential in higher environment for a project specific credentials, and we are facing this pop-up issue. Can anyone please help for this?

3 Replies

Level 1

Hi team, 
Any update on this issue?

When I am logging in as a  specific user, then I am getting this product navigation popup. This pop up constantly appears, even if a user checks "do not show me this again" and clicks accept. 

This issue is specific to the access of the user, as in some environment we are using admin cred due to which we are not facing any issue, but when we login from our own Credential in higher environment for a project specific credentials, and we are facing this pop-up issue. Can anyone please help for this?

I have also attached the screenshot for the same. even after checking the box for "do not show me this again", this pop up comes again when the page gets reloaded again and again. 

Level 2

This error occurs when the action argument is 'null'or 'undefined' in /libs/granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/clientlibs/foundation/js/preference/preference.js. The value for action attribute is /home/users/<pathtousernode>/preference for POST call. This value is retrieved from the granite page meta element. Something like below,

<meta name="user.preferences" content="{&quot;granite.shell.showonboarding620&quot;:&quot;true&quot;,&quot;cq.authoring.editor.page.showOnboarding62&quot;:&quot;false&quot;}" data-foundation-preference-action="/home/users/h/h4hprefRyD2csCQg82s6/preferences">

The reason for this would be either the section of code computing this preferences meta element is overlayed or modified in your earlier versions of AEM and is getting impacted in upgrade. Please check the following code whether its overlayed or touched in your code and ensure you don't do that unless required as per AEM best practices.

/libs/granite/ui/components/shell/collectionpage/collectionpage.jsp

The following property in preferences node to be false for the pop-up to not appear again for the user.

granite.shell.showonboarding620 false.

Also validate its not getting overwritten during some LDAP sync or SAML login.