Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

AEM Assets - scan assets before uploading to DAM for virus free

Level 1

I need to scan assets before uploading to DAM for virus free. We are using AMS, Is there any aem provided services to do this virus scan before uploading to dam? or Please suggest a best way to do this.
I need to have a filter for createasset path and need to do this scan with the file input stream from the request.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Regardless of the technical solution you implement, please don't forget, that you need to scan your assets regularly; as scanners and patterns are updated, they might detect malware in your assets which were not publicly at the time you were uploading them into DAM.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @sathish1040 ,

I believe as soon as the upload workflow is started the DAM asset will be already in the repo. So you must be looking to disable the out-of-the-box upload feature (to avoid uploading) and add an upload feature to scan for viruses after choosing your DAM assets as per requirement. In other words, you may have to work on a custom upload feature.

Thank you,

Sravan

Employee Advisor

There is no OOTB feature now. There is a new feature request (for CS) picked up by the product team and as per @hamidk92094312 the status is in accepted state. You can find more details of it at [1]

[1] - https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager-ideas/implement-quot-anti-... 

Community Advisor

Hi @sathish1040 

No OOTB implementation is available, but it is requested here: https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager-ideas/implement-quot-anti-...

You can write your custom one though

Hope it helps!

Thanks,
Kiran Vedantam

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Regardless of the technical solution you implement, please don't forget, that you need to scan your assets regularly; as scanners and patterns are updated, they might detect malware in your assets which were not publicly at the time you were uploading them into DAM.