Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

AEM Assets into Mail Delivery engine

Level 1

I manage contents using AEM Assets. I'd like to automatically integrate contents managed by Assets into the content folder of the mail delivery engine using the API. Does anyone know about such a method?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Correct, if you write some java code you can integrate contents(when upload event happens in DAM, then AbstractAssetHandler would be invoked. Which can have logic to communicate with your Mail system API and upload asset.)

You might want also to consider Workflow system Adobe Experience Manager Help | Creating custom AEM workflow steps that send email messages

Regards,

Peter

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Community Advisor

Dear Sir or Madam,

After carefully reviewing your question, still not able to grasp the requirements. Could you kindly rephrase your question or provide more information towards your use case?

Thank you so much in Advance!

Regards,

Peter

Level 10

Agree with Peter - sounds like you want to move assets into another folder. Can you please provide more details.

Level 1

Hi, Peter & Macdonald,

Thank you for your reply.

Our mail delivery system has its own content folder.
When we create a personalized e-mail, we manually upload the image the contents folder.

Since various contents are also stored in DAM, we want to shorten the operation time by automatically storing the contents contained in DAM into the content holder of the mail distribution system by API without manually uploading.

Our mail delivery system has API. If DAM has API for integrating other system, we can integrate.

Do you know how to integrate??

Community Advisor

Yes, absolutely, it's possible. You would be required to write some java code through.

Have a look at following thread[0] and guide[1]

[0]listeners involving dam assets

[1] Adobe Experience Manager Help | Creating a Custom Adobe Experience Manager Dam Media Handler

Regards,

Peter

Level 1

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your reply.

Let me confirm.

If we write some java code, we can automatically integrate contents.

(From DAM to mail distribution system)

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Correct, if you write some java code you can integrate contents(when upload event happens in DAM, then AbstractAssetHandler would be invoked. Which can have logic to communicate with your Mail system API and upload asset.)

You might want also to consider Workflow system Adobe Experience Manager Help | Creating custom AEM workflow steps that send email messages

Regards,

Peter