Expand my Community achievements bar.

AEM Assets cloud service Integration with onPrem AEM 6.5

Level 1

We currently using on-prem AEM 6.5, having classic and TouchUI components along with assets stored in DAM. We have assets stored across multiple dev, QA, UAT, and production environments. We want to centralize asset management by directing all environments to a single DAM.

Is it feasible to transition all our assets to AEM Cloud while retaining AEM 6.5 on-premises for site management? If so, could you kindly provide details and documentation regarding this process?

4 Replies

Community Advisor

@manojjain121  Is there a reason why you want to do that? I hope I understood your ask correctly.

If all environments are referencing the same asset, any update done to an asset on QA, DEV would reflect on PROD.

This would create a lot of confusion for the content authors and your overall asset management would go for a toss. 

Level 1

for us content author manage the assets directly on production environment and all other environment assets used for regression and testing.

Community Advisor

@manojjain121  This approach may not be sustainable in cases where you want to test some behavior on lower environments before you move them to PROD.

Level 1

Hi @Harwinder-singh,

AEM Cloud comes with a stage and dev environment as well, we can use dev or stage for such specific use cases.

My main question remained unanswered, is there any way can we refer to the AEM cloud assets from on-prem AEM?