Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

AEM as IDP( Identity Provider) for CRM using SAML

Level 3

Is there any out of the box implementation to act AEM as IDP for another application by SAML. I have googled about this and found there is OOTB configuration for AEM to act as a service provider (SP). Please provide information or references to make AEM as IDP so that the users in the AEM are authorised to use some other service provider by using single sign on (SSO). Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi,

This is definiteily possible, but not OOTB. You will have to write some servlets and UI elements to have AEM act as an IDP. Looking at an implementation I have done for this in the past (which, sadly, cannot be open sourced), it is somewhere around 2000 lines of code. The actual implementation was more like 4000 lines of code, but that also included LinkedIn integration (some of which is now available in ACS AEM Commons).

Regards,

Justin

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi,

This is definiteily possible, but not OOTB. You will have to write some servlets and UI elements to have AEM act as an IDP. Looking at an implementation I have done for this in the past (which, sadly, cannot be open sourced), it is somewhere around 2000 lines of code. The actual implementation was more like 4000 lines of code, but that also included LinkedIn integration (some of which is now available in ACS AEM Commons).

Regards,

Justin