Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

AEM as cloud service Dispatcher setting for multi domain .

Level 4

Hi All,

I am setting up dispatcher in cloud service. for one domain, it is fine but when I am setting for multi domain and try to create new filter file,cache file to associate second domain it is not allowing to create these new files.

example:  

SiteA =   conf.dispatcher.d\cache/rules.any    >>>> working 

SiteA   =    \conf.dispatcher.d\filters.any   >>>> working

SiteB =   conf.dispatcher.d\cache/rules-second.any    >>>> not working 

SiteB   =    \conf.dispatcher.d\filters-second.any   >>>>   not working

can we do this in cloud service dispatcher ? or any other way to associate multi domain files in cloud service

Thanks
Chetan
8 Replies

Employee Advisor

@chetan001 hi,

Please refer the following link for multi-domain setup of dispatcher :

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-dispatcher/using/configuring/dispatcher-d...

It talks about maintaining the virtual hosts and dividing the .any configurations in farms.

Thanks. 

Level 4

Thanks milind_bachani 

yeah we can create multiple file for vhost and farm as per domain but my question more about creating new files in filter,cache which i can map to other domains.

Thanks

Chetan

Employee Advisor

Hi @chetan001 

For multiple domain, you will have different vhost configured as well as different farm file.

Verify if you are including the newly created rules-second.any and filters-second.any file in the separate farms. Once include is correct, that rule will trigger.

each farm you will find an include something like below:

/filter {

$include "../filters/filters.any"

}

/rules {

$include "../cache/rules.any"

}

maintain separate farms for different domains and include these.

Level 4

Thanks anishs1991 ,

even when i put new files "filters-second.any"  and map to farm file. dispatcher validator through the error.

"not a correct path "  same like.

Thanks

Chetan

Community Advisor

Hi @Anish-Sinha 

Can we test this on local dispatcher setup by any chance or we need to do on actual env dispatcher server only?

Level 1

Hi Chetan,

You might be using legacy mode for dispatcher, you need to change it to Flexible mode. Follow the documentation -> https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-cloud-service/content/implementing/conten....

This will resolve your issue.

Regards,

Kartik

Level 4

Hi kartiksharma

Yes I am using flexible mode. but when add the new file it gives this kind of error.

conf.dispatcher.d\available_farms\: file included at unknown location: /etc/httpd/conf.dispatcher.d/filters/filters-qa.any
conf.dispatcher.d\available_farm\: filter allows access to CRXDE
conf.dispatcher.d\available_farms\: filter allows access to system console

Level 4

Thanks All for your inputs.

yes we can create multi files but in my case vdi is window server 2016 that is causing problem and dispatcher validator was failing but I checked on linux system all files are working fine. there is no validator error.

Thanks

Chetan