Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

AEM as cloud sandbox: Published asset is not getting unpublished when it expires.

Level 1

I have created an assets folder in the cloud sandbox. To be specific in this directory: "https://author-XXXX-XXXX.adobeaemcloud.com/ui#/aem/assets.html/content/dam/demo-assets/sampleassetse... 

I have uploaded 3 images in this folder. Then, i have selected each images one by one and get into the "properties" of each images.

In the "Basic" tab of "Properties" i have set the "Scheduled (de)activation" like this:

On Time (MM-DD-YYYY HH:mm): 07-12-2023 17:26
Off Time (MM-DD-YYYY HH:mm): 07-14-2023 17:35

Screenshot 2023-07-14 at 5.48.08 PM.png

In the "Advanced" tab of "Properties" i have set the "Expires (MM-DD-YYYY HH:mm)" like this:

07-14-2023 17:35

Screenshot 2023-07-14 at 6.05.34 PM.png

After that i have linked these images in my project's site. Next, i have published those sites containing these images. 

So, when i went to the published site after the expiration time the images are still visible in that site. But it should not be there according to this documentation of AEM. 

Screenshot 2023-07-14 at 6.12.04 PM.png

The below picture is the screenshot of the assets folder which contains this image. Where the red flag is clearly visible that this image is expired. But unfortunately the image is not getting unpublished from the published site.

Screenshot 2023-07-14 at 6.21.07 PM.png

Please tell me what i am doing wrong or what to do to remove the images after it passes the expiration date. 

10 Replies

Community Advisor

Do you see any error on aem error log for the time of expiry?

are you able to login on aem publisher and verify that asset is still present in Dam folder?

are you logged in as administrator user on sandbox?

Level 1

are you logged in as administrator user on sandbox?

Ans: yes.

are you able to login on aem publisher and verify that asset is still present in Dam folder?

Ans: Can you please tell me how to login on aem publisher on sandbox.

Do you see any error on aem error log for the time of expiry?

Ans: No

Employee Advisor

Hi @muhaimin1 ,

You might be seeing the assets on the page as page gets cached. Could you please check whether that asset is there or not in publish instance. You can check that by logging into your publish instance.

Thanks,

Nikita Garg

hi @muhaimin1 

Please Re-activate the Page where the assets are referenced, as mentioned above the page should have been cached. 

I don't think asset References would get flushed on the pages  when the actual asset expires by default on the dispatcher or CDN and needs to handle via custom process if that is the ask

Level 1

The assets are not getting unpublished even after re-activating the pages.

P.S: I have also tried it in incognito mode and in different browser.

Level 1

Because i have done it as aem as cloud service(locally) and in aem as cloud sandbox. Therefore, I have checked it in the local environment's public instance. The expired assets are still there in the dam. 

Can you tell me how to check this in the publish instance of aem as sandbox? i mean how to log into the publish instnce's crxde.

Community Advisor

You can try accessing the asset file directly on publish url

Level 1

Using the sandbox i have tried accessing the asset file directly using the publish url. The url was like this: "https://publish-pXXXX-eXXXX.adobeaemcloud.com/content/dam/demo-assets/sampleassetsexample"

But unfortunately i got the "Not found message"

Screenshot 2023-07-19 at 9.21.34 AM.png

I have also tried it in local environment. The images are still there. Any opinion on that.

Community Advisor

On your example file extension is missing from the url and if you think that url is correct then above response shows that the asset is no longer available on publisher

Level 1

Okay. i understand. 

thank you for the reply.