Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

AEM as Cloud implementing Redirect Map Manager

Level 1

Hi All

As earlier we have ACS common where we can utilize and implement the redirect manager in regular aem. 

But here we are using aem as cloud service and ACS common does not support, due to cron jobs support. 

Can someone recommend how can we implement redirect map manager in aem as a cloud?

ACS Common link: https://adobe-consulting-services.github.io/acs-aem-commons/features/redirect-map-manager/index.html

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Yes the RMM is not supported on AEM as a cloud service. Even I am looking for alternative options but haven't figured out yet. I guess the reason this or any such custom feature will not work on AEM as a cloud service  because in cloud the dispatcher and publisher instances are scaled up and down automatically. And redirect rules config will be lost anytime a new dispatcher is added on scale out event.  So the only option left is either you manage your redirects on CDN or you manage them via dispatcher code. 

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Yes the RMM is not supported on AEM as a cloud service. Even I am looking for alternative options but haven't figured out yet. I guess the reason this or any such custom feature will not work on AEM as a cloud service  because in cloud the dispatcher and publisher instances are scaled up and down automatically. And redirect rules config will be lost anytime a new dispatcher is added on scale out event.  So the only option left is either you manage your redirects on CDN or you manage them via dispatcher code. 

Level 2
I wouldn't have a problem to do it on CDN layer at all. BUT! With ZERO access to fastly configs in AEM SaaS this becomes impossible task. Suddenly you need to consider putting your own CDN in front of it to do the redirects.... Which is bad least to say...

Level 1

i came across the similar issue, want to hear about the solution you implemented for this use case? Have you setup separate CDN to handle redirects?

Level 1

Currently I have my own CDN in the setup, in front of everything and we have offloaded Redirects Management there (plus a App Builder app to manage these nicely)

Level 2
I fully agree that the whole redirect management space is completely missed in AEM as a Cloud Service. Naturally you do this kind of thing either on Apache or CDN. In AEM Cloud - we have ZERO influence over Varnish setup. Now when it comes to Dispatcher - it's severely limited - not allowing for things like redirects map management in a sensible way (by sensible I mean not requiring a deployment - managing redirects is a marketers' excercise - not developers' excercise...)