Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM as cloud can be used with AEM client server architecture with static template ?

Level 7

Hi Team , 

I have three questions to clarify.

1 ) I want to know that AEM as cloud can be used with AEM client server architecture with static template or it must be gone with SPA architecture with editable template ?

2) In AEM 6.5 with on premise, Can we use editable template capability along with static template ?

3) If we want to go with SPA architecture can't we use static template anymore to support SPA feature ?

Thanks !

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @JakeCham,

1. AEM as a Cloud Service can be used with both AEM client-server architecture with static templates and SPA (Single Page Application) architecture with editable templates. https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager/are-static-templates-suppo...

2. In AEM 6.5 with an on-premise setup, you can use both editable templates and static templates in same project.

3. For AEM SPA (React, Angular, Vue), Need to use Editable template.

However, As of AEM 6.5 the use of Static Templates is not considered a best practice. Use Editable Templates instead.

AEM Modernization tools can help you migrate from static to editable templates.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @JakeCham,

1. AEM as a Cloud Service can be used with both AEM client-server architecture with static templates and SPA (Single Page Application) architecture with editable templates. https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager/are-static-templates-suppo...

2. In AEM 6.5 with an on-premise setup, you can use both editable templates and static templates in same project.

3. For AEM SPA (React, Angular, Vue), Need to use Editable template.

However, As of AEM 6.5 the use of Static Templates is not considered a best practice. Use Editable Templates instead.

AEM Modernization tools can help you migrate from static to editable templates.

Level 9

hello,

here is my opinion

1 ) I want to know that AEM as cloud can be used with AEM client server architecture with static template or it must be gone with SPA architecture with editable template ?

- SPA architecture with editable template 

2) In AEM 6.5 with on premise, Can we use editable template capability along with static template ?

- Yes (but should move to editable for many other reasons)

3) If we want to go with SPA architecture can't we use static template anymore to support SPA feature ?

- i don't think as you need AEM SPA Editor JS SDK