Expand my Community achievements bar.

AEM As A Cloud Service Queries

Level 2

Hi all,

We install it locally using AEM SDK and create/customize/configure sites and deploy to AEM As A Cloud Service.

1.Is it possible to do these directly on AEM As A Cloud Service on the author, without local setup?

2.From local setup we deploy code using Cloud Manager.

That code gets deployed to AEM As A Cloud Service author or publish or both in a single shot?

Appreciate all your replies.

Thanks,

RK.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Level 6

@Rama_KrishnaNy 

AEM Cloud SDK is used for local development/validations similar to the way we use AEM jar for AMS/ On premise
When code is deployed to an environment using cloud manager, the code gets deployed to both author and publisher

Level 2

Thanks Amanath.

1.If I do not want to use local setup, is it possible to use AEM As A Cloud Service author directly, the way we use local author?

2. We use only one pipeline to deploy, and it deploys to both author and publish in a single shot?

3.Even if we use local setup, while deploying, I thought it helps that it deploys to only author, we test it using preview, do some validations, etc and when finally satisfied, deploy to Prod from author.

Thanks,

RK.

Level 6

@Rama_KrishnaNy 

You can use Rapid development environment in AEM Cloud incase you don't want to use local SDK before deploying to Dev/Stage/Prod

Please find the below link for more info on RDE

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-manager-cloud-service/content/implementing/dev...

Yes, When you deploy to an environment using pipeline in cloud manager, it deploys to both author and publisher

Community Advisor

@Rama_KrishnaNy 

Adobe provides options of RDE and local SDK for development.

Both of them have their own benefits. I have covered the comparisons here: https://techrevel.blog/2024/02/14/aem-rde/ 

Only one RDE is provided by Adobe with Production. Any additional RDE will incur additional costs. 

Aanchal Sikka

Administrator

@Rama_KrishnaNy Did you find the suggestion helpful? Please let us know if you require more information. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you've discovered a solution yourself, we would appreciate it if you could share it with the community. Thank you!  

Kautuk Sahni