Level 2

Tip /
Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

AEM as a Cloud Service: Create copy of existing user group?

Level 1

I am wondering if it is possible to create copies of an existing user group? I am looking at creating several dozen user groups that have the same set of permissions, but to different folders based on projects/clients. It would be nice to set up one group, then create a copy of it and just change the /content path to the folder rather than setting up all permissions from scratch each time.

I tried selecting the group and using the "Copy" function on the toolbar on the out of the box DAM Users group that has many ACL entries and 5 members, however the new group it created didn't have any members or ACL entries. Not sure what Copy does that is different from just creating a new group?

Test Copy DAM Users.jpg

Any ideas on how I can make a copy of a user group in AEM as a Cloud?

2 Replies

Level 1

Are there any options that don't involve installing additional tools? This will not be an acceptable solution for the implementation I am working with on this project. 

It seems odd that the "Copy" function is there, but doesn't actually copy the user group, but instead just creates an empty new group with no ACLs, etc.