Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

AEM Archetype Eclipse project throws exception when syncing

Level 4

I am new to AEM development so please feel free to correct any ideas I may be wrong on.

This is what I have done so far.

• Created a new project in Eclipse useing the AEM Archetype
  • Added my AEM server to the servers panel and updated the port to correctly be 4502

When I right click on JCR view and select Export To Server on the XXX.ui.content project it throws the following error:

Failed exporting: JcrResult[ success:false, exception: org.apache.sling.ide.transport.RepositoryException - javax.jcr.RepositoryException: No parent found at /content/xxx/fr/jcr:content/image/file ; it's needed to create node at /conten/txxe/fr/jcr:content/image/file/jcr:content]

I don't know why this would be happening with a unmodified project that is brand new. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a better way to be syncing between my IDE and my Server Instance?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1

Hi,

So, even I faced the same issue, and What I did is, I removed the newly created the Project and configured the server with right Adobe Experience Manager run time and create the new project and it should work.

regards,

Sandeep.K

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 1

Hi,

So, even I faced the same issue, and What I did is, I removed the newly created the Project and configured the server with right Adobe Experience Manager run time and create the new project and it should work.

regards,

Sandeep.K