Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

SOLVED

AEM and oak composite node store

Giacomo_Piccian
Level 2
Level 2

hi all,

I would like to create a POC using the new feature of oak: composite node store. Could you please help me out to understand where I can get more info and also more documentation about how to implement and use this new feature in AEM 6.3?

thanks

Giacomo

1 Accepted Solution
Robert_Munteanu
Correct answer by
Level 1
Level 1

As Jörg has mentioned, this was only a tech demo to showcase what can be done. I would suggest that you ask on the oak user's mailing list in case you have specific questions related to the composite node store.

View solution in original post

0 Replies
Giacomo_Piccian
Level 2
Level 2

Hi kautuksahni​,

thanks for your response. I am talking about the new feature presented at the last AdaptTo() conference, related to this new Node store Jackrabbit Oak – Oak Composite NodeStore .

Here Zero downtime deployments for the Sling-based apps using Docker - Schedule - adaptTo() 2017 is the presentation.

RobertMunteanu​ can you please help us?

thanks

Giacomo

smacdonald2008
Level 10
Level 10

What use case are you trying to perform?

Giacomo_Piccian
Level 2
Level 2

POC with AEM 6.3 and Docker to perform blue-green deployments.

Create a Docker container that uses different repository for content (I was thinking to use VOLUME for TarMK) and active elements (/apps and /libs)

Jörg_Hoh
Employee
Employee

The composite nodestore is a feature of Oak 1.8 and not available in AEM 6.3.

Giacomo_Piccian
Level 2
Level 2

And how did they manage to show it in AEM 6.3 last September?

Jörg_Hoh
Employee
Employee

This was a demo by members of the AEM core development team. And it was demo.

Robert_Munteanu
Correct answer by
Level 1
Level 1

As Jörg has mentioned, this was only a tech demo to showcase what can be done. I would suggest that you ask on the oak user's mailing list in case you have specific questions related to the composite node store.

View solution in original post

erics34811206
Level 2
Level 2

We are running Oak 1.10.2 on AEM 6.5 and saw the above adaptTo() demo from 2017 and wanted to see if there are any updates now that 6.5 is out.

Jörg_Hoh
Employee
Employee

I am not aware of any update. Sorry 😞

erics34811206
Level 2
Level 2

Anyone have any user stories of testing it out in AEM?  If I do take a stab at it would this be supported by Adobe?

Jörg_Hoh
Employee
Employee

If you try to implement it yourself, the resulting system will not be supported.