Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

AEM and oak composite node store

Level 2

hi all,

I would like to create a POC using the new feature of oak: composite node store. Could you please help me out to understand where I can get more info and also more documentation about how to implement and use this new feature in AEM 6.3?

thanks

Giacomo

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1

As Jörg has mentioned, this was only a tech demo to showcase what can be done. I would suggest that you ask on the oak user's mailing list in case you have specific questions related to the composite node store.

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Level 2

Hi kautuksahni​,

thanks for your response. I am talking about the new feature presented at the last AdaptTo() conference, related to this new Node store Jackrabbit Oak – Oak Composite NodeStore .

Here Zero downtime deployments for the Sling-based apps using Docker - Schedule - adaptTo() 2017 is the presentation.

RobertMunteanu​ can you please help us?

thanks

Giacomo

Level 10

What use case are you trying to perform?

Level 2

POC with AEM 6.3 and Docker to perform blue-green deployments.

Create a Docker container that uses different repository for content (I was thinking to use VOLUME for TarMK) and active elements (/apps and /libs)

Employee Advisor

The composite nodestore is a feature of Oak 1.8 and not available in AEM 6.3.

Level 2

And how did they manage to show it in AEM 6.3 last September?

Employee Advisor

This was a demo by members of the AEM core development team. And it was demo.

Correct answer by
Level 1

As Jörg has mentioned, this was only a tech demo to showcase what can be done. I would suggest that you ask on the oak user's mailing list in case you have specific questions related to the composite node store.

Level 2

We are running Oak 1.10.2 on AEM 6.5 and saw the above adaptTo() demo from 2017 and wanted to see if there are any updates now that 6.5 is out.

Employee Advisor

I am not aware of any update. Sorry :-(

Level 2

Anyone have any user stories of testing it out in AEM?  If I do take a stab at it would this be supported by Adobe?

Employee Advisor

If you try to implement it yourself, the resulting system will not be supported.