Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM and Adobe Commerce (Magento) integration Using Commerce Integration Framework

Level 10

Hi all,

On this subject I am going through AEM and Adobe Commerce Integration using Commerce Integration Framework | Adobe Experience Manager

It says, "Within CIF, there is support for server-side and client-side communication patterns.".

What is the difference between server-side and client-side communications here?

When to use each of these?

I am not looking for any code as such.

But could someone point me to case study where this AEM and Adobe Commerce (Magento) integration is done at an architectural level?

For example, at GraphQL level so and so is done, at CIF layer so and so is done, etc.

Appreciate all your replies.

Thanks,

Rama.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

The backend calls are more cacheable; for example, the PDP pages are cached for a defined period, similar to PLP pages. However, the client-side calls, which handle user actions such as operations on the cart and order submission, are more dynamic and can be directed to the e-commerce engine.

Regards

Albin

Albin Issac – Medium

https://www.albinsblog.com

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

CIF utilizes a combination of server-side and client-side rendering patterns, and it is recommended to use both in tandem to develop a complete ecommerce website. The PDP and PLP pages employ AEM CIF core components, which are rendered and cached on the AEM server. This is integrated by connecting with Magento services via GraphQL. All client-side dynamic actions, like adding items to the cart and placing orders, are managed client-side using React. This setup ensures that GraphQL requests are sent to Magento from the browser, proxied through the AEM dispatcher to avoid CORS issues.

Regards

Albin

Albin Issac – Medium

Level 10

Thanks Albin.

The idea of client side communications is performance?

Is there a case study for me to read and understand how AEM integrates with Adobe Commerce at an architectural level?

I am aware if Venia project, but this is addition of just one attribute.

For example, at GraphQL level so and so is done, at CIF layer, at Commerce level, so and so is done, etc.

Appreciate all your replies.

Thanks,

Rama.

Level 10

If the idea of client side communications is performance, why cant all calls be client side communications?

Rather when to use client side communications and when server side communications is my question.

Thanks,

Rama.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

The backend calls are more cacheable; for example, the PDP pages are cached for a defined period, similar to PLP pages. However, the client-side calls, which handle user actions such as operations on the cart and order submission, are more dynamic and can be directed to the e-commerce engine.

Regards

Albin

Albin Issac – Medium