Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM Accessibility

Level 10

Hi all,

AEM Accessibility has different levels of compliance: A, AA and AAA.

What is the difference among levels A, AA and AAA from the implementation perspective?

In other words, how do we implement AEM Accessibility at A, AA and AAA levels of compliance?

When compared with AA, AAA should consume more effort. What are the extra activities we take up for AAA?

Appreciate all your replies.

Thanks,

Rama.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Rama,

It is not AEM Accessibility, it is web accessibility.

You have not said if this is in author or the publish instance. For publish accessibility, this is accessibility based on the rendered pages, so this would be defined/created in the UI that your design team create. Which would then be implemented in AEM.

Regards,

Opkar

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Rama,

It is not AEM Accessibility, it is web accessibility.

You have not said if this is in author or the publish instance. For publish accessibility, this is accessibility based on the rendered pages, so this would be defined/created in the UI that your design team create. Which would then be implemented in AEM.

Regards,

Opkar

Level 10

Hi Opkar,

I do understand that it is not AEM Accessibility, it is web accessibility.

Since my attempt is to find out the work from AEM, I named it like that.

So, if the design team creates the HTML, CSS and JS, AEM team integrates them using ClientLibs etc.

My question is for the AEM team, what would be the work for SEO?

Anything else they need to do to achieve SEO, on top of what Design team has already done?

I was meaning Publish server.

But, for Author server, does SEO make any sense? I think that we should use robots.txt file to avoid Author Server indexing.

Thanks,

Rama.