Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

AEM - Ability for the client to configure where data is stored

Level 10

Hi,

In AEM, will the client be able to configure where data is stored?

My understanding is that everything is content in AEM: The code, the media files and the actual pages and all content is stored together

In such a case, is it possible to configure where only the actual pages content is stored?

Also, whether to store all content in JCR, or Mongo DB is decided during the initial stages of an implementation only and not once all systems are implemented and up and running correct?

Appreciate your support.

Thanks,

Rama.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi Rama,

Need to use crx2oak to change the persistance layer later.  Using the CRX2Oak Migration Tool

Thanks,

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Employee

"will the client be able to configure where data is stored", you mean what persistence tool is used?

Yes, you can choose between a number of options.

Once this is configured, then this applies to the whole instance.

Level 10

Hi,

Thanks for responding.

Once AEM is configured initially and the implemented AEM system is up and running, is it possible to change the tool?

Even if it is possible, only the AEM Admins or Infra people only will be able to do it and not a regular user correct?

I mean to say that it is not so simple as selecting a value from a drop down.

Thanks,

Rama.

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi Rama,

Need to use crx2oak to change the persistance layer later.  Using the CRX2Oak Migration Tool

Thanks,

Employee Advisor

This decision is made upfront and therefor the architecture is build. You can change it afterwards (using the oak-run tool).