Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

AEM 6

Level 2

Hi

I am working on AEM 6 and i am facing certain issues. Can you guys please help me out. The issues are listed below.

1. The listners are not working in Granite UI dialog. Or is there some other way that needs to be followed.i am following the way we did it in AEM 5.6.1

2. In AEM 5.6.1 we have xtype spinner. But there is nothing such thing in AEM 6.0 for granite dialog. Can you help on this.

3. We cannot drag and drop any image from the content finder, Image is only being uploaded from local. Is this expected or am i making some mistake.

Have some more queries.. But these are urgent issues. Please help

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Abhinav,

1. Could you elaborate on which listener is not working? Is it something like "REFRESH_PAGE", etc.?
  2. There would be a "number input" field (sling:resourceType = granite/ui/components/foundation/form/numberfield)
  3. That's true, this is not possible yet to drag from the side panel into the dialog. But you can drag on the component itself (without opening the dialog) - for instance foundation image component.
Hope this helps.
Regards,
Gilles

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 10

There are no samples or pubic docs on this yet. That is - how to use the Touch UI API to create custom AEM 6 components that can be placed on the side rail and support features like drag and drop from the content finder. 

However - i passed this to the AEM Eng team and asked them to help address this question. We do plan on publishing a series of 'How To' articles around this subject. 

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Abhinav,

1. Could you elaborate on which listener is not working? Is it something like "REFRESH_PAGE", etc.?
  2. There would be a "number input" field (sling:resourceType = granite/ui/components/foundation/form/numberfield)
  3. That's true, this is not possible yet to drag from the side panel into the dialog. But you can drag on the component itself (without opening the dialog) - for instance foundation image component.
Hope this helps.
Regards,
Gilles

Level 2

Hi Gilles,

1. Yes the listeners like cq:listeners(afterEdit,beforsubmit....) are not working .

2. But suppose i am using some other component which has one of the tab in the dialog containing images. Then how should i proceed.

And i saw a new thing today. When Giving more than 4 tabs in the dialog the dialog is not coming in proper way. I have attached the screens shot. I tried to add width property, but that is also not working. 

And the OOTB page components has just 2 tabs i.e basic and advanced. So do we have to make the rest of the tab on our own. Or there is some other way. All dialog are related to Granite UI dialog.

Thanks

Abhinav

Level 2

Hi Gilles,

When trying to use spinner in AEM 6 for touch dialog i am facing the following issue.

1.When i give the  min value = {Double} 0, max={Double} 1 and step = {Double} 0.1... i am getting values as 0.30000000001 0.79999999999 etc on incrementing or decrementing

but when giving integer values in step.. this works fine.. Is this expected. Do we need to do any any tweeks to fix this.

Employee

Hi Abhinav,

1. I tested the afteredit listener with the image foundation component and it worked for me. This is my cq:listener node:

{"jcr:primaryType":"cq:EditListenersConfig","afteredit":"function () { console.log('afteredit'); }"}

may you please try this?

2. Would drop zones work for you? An example for this can be found on Github. Otherwise you are still able to place an upload button.

Regards,
Damien