Expand my Community achievements bar.

July 31st AEM Gems Webinar: Elevate your AEM development to master the integration of private GitHub repositories within AEM Cloud Manager.
SOLVED

AEM 6 / Maven build error on new aem-project-archetype : 8

Level 2

Hi all,

I'm using the Eclipse AEM Dev Tool to create a vanilla AEM 6 project using the new com.adobe.granite.archetypes : aem-project-archetype : 8

Which creates these modules/projects:

core        
it.launcher 
it.tests
ui.apps
ui.content

However if I build from the parent pom.xml (mvn clean install) I always get this error, even without any change:

[INFO] --- maven-install-plugin:2.5.2:install (default-install) @ example.it.launcher ---
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] Reactor Summary:
[INFO]
[INFO] example ............................................ SUCCESS [  1.280 s]
[INFO] Example - Core ..................................... SUCCESS [ 14.076 s]
[INFO] Example - UI apps .................................. SUCCESS [  4.128 s]
[INFO] Example - UI content ............................... SUCCESS [  0.280 s]
[INFO] Example - Integration Tests Bundles ................ SUCCESS [  1.140 s]
[INFO] Example - Integration Tests Launcher ............... FAILURE [ 10.809 s]
[INFO] BUILD FAILURE
[INFO] Total time: 36.141 s
[INFO] Finished at: 2015-04-15T14:09:38+01:00
[INFO] Final Memory: 40M/368M
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-install-plugin:2.5.2:install (default-install) on project example.it.launcher: The packaging for this project did not assign a file to the build artifact -> [Help 1]

Any ideas?

Regards,

Jason

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

archetypes are nothing but the maven project templating. I think AEM 6.0 is supported by maven-archetype-7 for its eclipse plugin. 

Refer these:

https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/dev-tools/aem-eclipse.html

http://adobeaemclub.com/how-to-set-up-aem-projects-using-eclipse-plugin/

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 10

Hi Jason,

I had tried with aem-project-archetype : 7 and it works without any error. Can you try with the same and see if you find this issue

Level 2

bsloki wrote...

Hi Jason,

I had tried with aem-project-archetype : 7 and it works without any error. Can you try with the same and see if you find this issue

Yes I can see it working using archetype V7.

So what is the difference between V7 & V8 and what is the recommended archetype for new AEM 6.x projects?

Regards,

Jason

Former Community Member

Jason Tarry wrote...

bsloki wrote...

Hi Jason,

Yes I can see it working using archetype V7.

So what is the difference between V7 & V8 and what is the recommended archetype for new AEM 6.x projects?

Regards,

Jason

Hi Jason,

I was recently setting up a project and that failed for me as well. I still used the latest project but ended up removing the launcher project. v8 fails everywhere by default. One of my colleagues attended Adobe meet in Salt Lake a few months back where they recommended using v8.

Cheers

Correct answer by
Level 10

archetypes are nothing but the maven project templating. I think AEM 6.0 is supported by maven-archetype-7 for its eclipse plugin. 

Refer these:

https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/dev-tools/aem-eclipse.html

http://adobeaemclub.com/how-to-set-up-aem-projects-using-eclipse-plugin/

Level 4

I too fought with this at first.

The integration tests attempt to fire off tests on the remote server, however you've got it setup. (at least I believe that is its intent).

I simply went into the it.launcher POM of and chagned a line of code:

<plugin> <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId> <artifactId>maven-jar-plugin</artifactId> <configuration> <skip>true</skip> <!--<skipIfEmpty>true</skipIfEmpty>--> </configuration> </plugin>

I commented out the skip if Empty, and forced the Skip. Then my project ran cleanly. I still need to dive a bit deeper on exactly what Integration tests are run, but that will let you build the project.