Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

AEM 6 integration with Adobe Target problems

Level 1

Hello!

I am integratign AEM 6 with Adobe Target and have some problems with it.

Particularly, when I add "Adobe Target Mbox" component on the page - T&T request is sends but in console there is an error :

Uncaught TypeError: undefined is not a function.

I found that it throws when mboxOfferDefault.prototype.show(content) function is called from /etc/clientlibs/foundation/testandtarget/util/source/init.js.

The problem is that this function calls this.hide(content) which doesn't exists in mboxOfferDefault.prototype and that's why I suppose this error is thrown.

Can anyone tell what is the purpose of overriding default mboxOfferDefault.prototype.show(content) defined in mbox.js and

what will be the risks if i'll remove this function from /etc/clientlibs/foundation/testandtarget/util/source/init.js?

I will be appreciated if some one will help me with this problem.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

I have asked the Eng members whom implemented this functionality to respond. I am not sure if this is a bug. If there is no response by tomorrow - please open a ticket. 

http://helpx.adobe.com/marketing-cloud/experience-manager.html

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 8

I found this issue too.  The work around i found was simply to have the Client Context panel open when you first configure the target parsys.  So the steps would be:

1) Drag and drop the target parsys on the page
2) Turn on client context and refresh the page
3) Configure the target parsys

Level 1

Hi,

Thank you for reply. I'm already followed steps from doc to integrate Adobe Target, but  the problem is not gone.

If I replace file /etc/clientlibs/foundation/testandtarget/util/source/init.js from CQ5.6 the problem will be gone but in AEM 6 it is still appears.

Fo my vision there is a lack of mboxOfferDefault.prototype.hide() function in init.js as there is a call to it (316 line of  code in /etc/clientlibs/foundation/testandtarget/util/source/init.js in AEM 6).

Thanks!

Level 10

My colleague has told me that they are able to get AEM 6 and target working - they do have SP1 pack installed. There were many fixes made in this service pack. Do you have SP 1 installed? See: http://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-0/release-notes-sp1.html 

Level 1

I installed SP1 as you recommend but the problem still exists. It is reproducing when mboxOfferDefault sets as offer and wcmMode = 'DISABLED', on other offer types it works fine.

Can you or colleague please check on working pair AEM 6 and T&T how mboxOfferDefault works - in developers console please execute mboxFactories.get('default').get(<mbox_name>,0).setOffer(new mboxOfferDefault()).loaded();  (this is come from T&T in my case) to be sure it is the problem of my environment or it is the common problem?

Many Thanks!

Correct answer by
Level 10

I have asked the Eng members whom implemented this functionality to respond. I am not sure if this is a bug. If there is no response by tomorrow - please open a ticket. 

http://helpx.adobe.com/marketing-cloud/experience-manager.html

Level 1

Hi

Has this issue been resolved ? I'm facing the same issue, so not sure if need to remove the method as mentioned in the earlier post.