Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

AEM 6.5: TooManyCallsException When Navigation Through Sites with Side Rail Opened

Level 2

Hi all,

recently we noticed that error.log is full of exceptions like:

GET /mnt/overlay/wcm/core/content/sites/jcr:content/rails/references/items/references.provider.html HTTP/1.1]
com.day.cq.wcm.core.impl.WCMDeveloperModeFilter Error during include of SlingRequestPathInfo:

path='path-to-EF',\  selectorString='provider', extension='html', suffix='null' 

org.apache.sling.api.request.TooManyCallsException: /libs/wcm/core/components/coral/references/borrowedcontent/borrowedcontent.jsp

demobuster_0-1634561288674.png

Judging by recent threads here this could come from Apache Sling Main Servlet's setting of maximun number of calls. Seems like 'Borrowed Content' exceeds the limit. So I wonder what would be recommended tip for this? Is this going to be fixed next Service Pack?

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@demobuster ,

I had faced same issue in my AEM and used below steps to resolve the issue.

1. Login to AEM instance with admin user.

2. Go to http://localhost:402/system/console/configMgr

3. Update Apache Sling main Servlet configuration : Number of request per calls to  10000.

ArunaSurukunta_0-1634572150444.png

I hope this helps!!

Thanks,

Aruna

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @demobuster 

Please increase the maximum number of calls in Apache Sling Main Servlet to 10000 from 1000. it should resolve the issue.

Thanks!

Community Advisor

Increase the number in Apache Sling Main Servlet's setting to 10000 that should sort the issue.

I too faced this issue and this particular change fixed the issue.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@demobuster ,

I had faced same issue in my AEM and used below steps to resolve the issue.

1. Login to AEM instance with admin user.

2. Go to http://localhost:402/system/console/configMgr

3. Update Apache Sling main Servlet configuration : Number of request per calls to  10000.

ArunaSurukunta_0-1634572150444.png

I hope this helps!!

Thanks,

Aruna

Hi Aruna,

Thanks for the solution.

1.Are there any other factors like memory/CPU we need to consider before changing to 10000?

2.from this, CQ_JVM_OPTS='-server -Xms12228m -Xmx12228m, can we get an idea that there won't be any issue after increasing to 10000?

Thanks

Eranda

Community Advisor

Hi @demobuster ,

You need to increase Apache Sling Main Servlet calls.

We had recently same issue and we have increased servlet call from 1000 to 10000.

Regards,

Sanjay