Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

AEM 6.5 text inline edit to use strong and em tags.

Level 2

Hello folks, hope you are doing well. 

I'm trying to change the <i> and <b> to use the <em> and <strong> tags respectively on a text component that I have on my project. The resource super type of the component is set to 

resourceSuperType="core/wcm/components/text/v2/text"

I have modified the dialog to include the rtePlugins and htmlRules nodes as well as the node:

<semanticMarkupMap
jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured"
b="strong"
i="em"/>

inside htmlRules. There are several posts indicating this is the right approach. The problem is that the em and strong tags are only showing when I open the component dialog and not when I use the pencil icon for inline editing. Is it possible to enable such functionality? 

Thanks 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

Hi @alvarof55440963 ,

Please modify the same in cq:editConfig/cq:inplaceEditing node of that component. Then it will appear in inline editing.

Regards,

Sandeep.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 5

Hi @alvarof55440963 ,

Please modify the same in cq:editConfig/cq:inplaceEditing node of that component. Then it will appear in inline editing.

Regards,

Sandeep.