Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

AEM 6.5 standalone installation error

Level 3

I am getting error while fresh standalone installation of AEM 6.5.

java version "11.0.8" 2020-07-14 LTS

Error in log : 10.09.2020 13:10:12.951 *ERROR* [Apache Sling Repository Startup Thread] com.adobe.granite.repository.impl.SlingRepositoryManager start: Uncaught Throwable trying to access Repository, calling stopRepository()

Any pointers?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hello @DIPEN_SEN_,

Could you please share some more ERROR messages from the logs which were outputted before/after the message you've provided initially? If any of them contained SegmentNotFoundException, it would indicate presence of repository/segment store inconsistency.

To fix that the following steps should be taken (please see the link for reference):

1. Download a version of oak-run that matches your oak core version from https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.apache.jackrabbit/oak-run

2. Run the consistency check,
java -Xmx6000m -jar oak-run-*.jar check --bin=-1 /path/to/crx-quickstart/repository/segmentstore

3. Revert the repository to this revision by editing ./crx-quickstart/repository/segmentstore/journal.log and deleting all lines after the line containing the latest good revision.

4. Remove all ./crx-quickstart/repository/segmentstore/*.bak files.

5. Run checkpoint clean-up to remove orphaned checkpoints:
java -Xmx6000m -jar oak-run-*.jar checkpoints /path/to/crx-quickstart/repository/segmentstore rm-unreferenced

6. Finally compact the repository:
java -Xmx6000m -jar oak-run-*.jar compact /path/to/crx-quickstart/repository/segmentstore/

Regards

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Hey @DIPEN_SEN_, here's something you can try :

1. Stop AEM

2. go to ..\crx-quickstart\repository\index and delete all

3. Start AEM

Thanks,
Bilal.

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hello @DIPEN_SEN_,

Could you please share some more ERROR messages from the logs which were outputted before/after the message you've provided initially? If any of them contained SegmentNotFoundException, it would indicate presence of repository/segment store inconsistency.

To fix that the following steps should be taken (please see the link for reference):

1. Download a version of oak-run that matches your oak core version from https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.apache.jackrabbit/oak-run

2. Run the consistency check,
java -Xmx6000m -jar oak-run-*.jar check --bin=-1 /path/to/crx-quickstart/repository/segmentstore

3. Revert the repository to this revision by editing ./crx-quickstart/repository/segmentstore/journal.log and deleting all lines after the line containing the latest good revision.

4. Remove all ./crx-quickstart/repository/segmentstore/*.bak files.

5. Run checkpoint clean-up to remove orphaned checkpoints:
java -Xmx6000m -jar oak-run-*.jar checkpoints /path/to/crx-quickstart/repository/segmentstore rm-unreferenced

6. Finally compact the repository:
java -Xmx6000m -jar oak-run-*.jar compact /path/to/crx-quickstart/repository/segmentstore/

Regards

Level 3
It is fixed now. Issue was having multiple JDK in system. Even though from system path and environment variables were pointing to JDK 11, existence of jdk 14 was creating the issue. After uninstalling jdk 14 its working fine now. I did not think that multiple jdk might create this kind of issue.

Level 1
I faced the same issue. Only difference is that i had JDK 14 and AEM was not starting. Then i deleted JDK 14 and installed JDk11. thats all AEM came up. Hope this helps.

Administrator
@gowtamimmohanty, thank you for sharing your solution with community. Keep the great work going. Looking forward to see you more in the AEM community

Kautuk Sahni