Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

AEM 6.5 Root node is not accessible

Level 5

Hi,

When accessing the URL http://server:port/crx/explorer/nodetypes/index.jsp as admin I get the following error message:

Unable to retrieve node type manager probably due to insufficiant rights. Please login as a more priviledged user.
javax.jcr.AccessDeniedException: Root node is not accessible.

The etc/key access tab has the following setting.  Please advice.

Leena_1_0-1619469015185.png

Thanks,

Leena

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@aemuser001,

I found a solution from Adobe's down documentation : Unable to login to AEM instances due to missing cryptoservice acls - https://helpx.adobe.com/ca/experience-manager/kb/unable-to-login-to-aem-instances-due-to-missing-cry...

Take a look.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@aemuser001,

I found a solution from Adobe's down documentation : Unable to login to AEM instances due to missing cryptoservice acls - https://helpx.adobe.com/ca/experience-manager/kb/unable-to-login-to-aem-instances-due-to-missing-cry...

Take a look.

Level 5

Hi Brian,

I had already seen that link prior to posting the question here. 

From the screen shot I had provided, since I am seeing the screenshot for the first time, it is not clear to me if all the permissions are present or denied. 

Thanks,

Leena

Community Advisor

Hi @aemuser001 

Are you logged in with "admin" user or any other user with "administrator" privilages?

Can you try with "admin" user and see what error you are getting when you are trying to access the page.

Also are you getting any error when you are starting the instance? Anything unusual in the logs?

Thanks!

Level 5

Hi Asutosh,

My earlier post on admin password change was related to gathering information. I had not made any change to admin user. I log in as admin user. Just to give a background, we are planning to install a new bundle. We tried taking a snapshot of the server and database backup last month, and at that time the AEM Author stopped working. We are using Oracle database for the Author repository. Last week after database maintenance work the AEM Author instance started to work. 

Yesterday we tried to prepare for the bundle installation again. I tested all the links including crx/explorer/nodetypes/index.jsp prior and after the database backup and all the links were accessible. After the server snapshot was taken, all the links are working expect this particular link.

Will this error in any way affect the installation of the new bundle?

There are nine *ERROR* from today's error.log. Please find the snippet below.

27.04.2021 00:00:00.083 *ERROR* [sling-default-3-AdobeSignRefreshTokenScheduleJob] com.adobe.forms.foundation.oauth.model.OAuthConfigSlingModel Refresh Token not present for: /conf/global/settings/cloudconfigs/fdm/ms-dynamics-odata-cloud-service/jcr:content
27.04.2021 00:00:00.199 *INFO* [sling-default-2-com.adobe.cq.wcm.translation.impl.scheduler.ScheduleRepeatTranslationProject] com.adobe.cq.wcm.translation.impl.scheduler.ScheduleRepeatTranslationProject Starting sync process now
27.04.2021 00:00:00.288 *INFO* [sling-default-2-com.adobe.cq.wcm.translation.impl.scheduler.ScheduleRepeatTranslationProject] com.adobe.cq.wcm.translation.impl.scheduler.ScheduleRepeatTranslationProject Project: Reference Fragments [DE]
27.04.2021 00:00:00.289 *INFO* [sling-default-2-com.adobe.cq.wcm.translation.impl.scheduler.ScheduleRepeatTranslationProject]

Thanks,

Leena

Community Advisor

Hi Leena,

Which bundle you are trying to install here and what is the process followed to install the bundle?

Are you trying by deploying it using any package or it is done directly on the system console?

When you are installing the bundle please ensure you have that bundle as OSGi ready.

Also deploying/installing a bundle should not be dependent on crx/explorer/nodetypes/index.jsp link.

Thanks!

Level 5

Hi Asutosh,

As weird as it sounds, I tried accessing the link crx/explorer/nodetypes/index.jsp again, and it seems to work. 

Regarding the new bundle, we will be using the server:port/system/console/bundles to upload the .jar. It is a third-party bundle. It is created based on another bundle that was deployed and run in WebLogic and ES4 Adobe.

How do we verify if this bundle is OSGi compatible?

Thanks,

Leena

Community Advisor

Hi @aemuser001 

You can look for the Bundle-SymbolicName header in the MANIFEST.MF in the bundle. This is the only mandatory header in an OSGi bundle.

So if the Bundle-SymbolicName header is defined, then the JAR is an OSGi bundle. If not, then it is just a JAR.

See the screenshot below:

asutosh_jena_0-1619538332343.png

As you mentioned you can install the bundle using system console which will be one time manuall process that needs to be done across all the AEM instance.

Also there is a way you can automate the same process which is by using 

maven-bundle-plugin

by embedding the external dependency:

<Embed-Dependency>*;scope=compile|runtime;inline=false
</Embed-Dependency>
<Embed-Transitive>true</Embed-Transitive>

Let's say you want to embedd the following JAR:

<embedded>
<groupId>jar-gorupid</groupId>
<artifactId>jar-artifactid</artifactId>
<target>/apps/project/install</target>
</embedded>

This will install the bundle automtically in all the AEM instance along with the code package deployment and the jar will be available under /apps/project/install folder.

Thanks!

Level 5

Hi Asutosh,

Thank you for this very useful information. I just verified that this new bundle has the 'Bundle-SymbolicName' header along with its value. I will play it safe and use the bundle url to upload this bundle. I would definitely like to try the second suggestion in a test environment first, since I am new to it.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Leena