Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

AEM 6.5 : package org.apache.sling.scripting.jsp.jasper.runtime.JspWriterImpl does not exist

Level 2

Hi All,

Greetings.

Looks like the above package has been not resolved by AEM 6.5.8 uber-jar like in AEM 6.4.5

So have added the below dependency explicitly but still it is throwing the issue.

Please let me know if any thoughts around this?

<dependency>
<artifactId>org.apache.sling.scripting.jsp</artifactId>
<version>2.5.0</version>
<groupId>com.adobe.granite.sling</groupId>
<scope>provided</scope>
</dependency>

Thanks & Regards,

Shiva

9 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @Shivanna 

I see it avaialble in AEM 6.5.8.0 as part of Apache Sling Scripting JSP Support(org.apache.sling.scripting.jsp) bundle.

asutosh_jena_0-1620122889098.png

Community Advisor
Can you post what error you are getting during build?

Level 2
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:3.6.1:testCompile (default-testCompile) on project foundation-base-core: Compilation failure: Compilation failure: [ERROR] /C:/Users/600042713/Documents/signify-aem/workspace-signify/legacy/foundation-base/core/src/test/java/com/philips/webcms/foundation/base/test/tags/MockedJspWriter.java:[8,53] package org.apache.sling.scripting.jsp.jasper.runtime does not exist [ERROR] /C:/Users/600042713/Documents/signify-aem/workspace-signify/legacy/foundation-base/core/src/test/java/com/philips/webcms/foundation/base/test/tags/MockedJspWriter.java:[11,38] cannot find symbol [ERROR] symbol: class JspWriterImpl

Community Advisor

HI @Shivanna 

This was available till 6.4.8.3 whereas after 6.5 it has been removed from the uber jar package.

https://javadoc.io/doc/com.adobe.aem/uber-jar/6.4.8.3/index.html

It is available as part of Apache Sling Scripting JSP Support(org.apache.sling.scripting.jsp) bundle.

Level 2
@Asutosh_Jena_ : Thanks for your insides, really helpful! Yes, this dependency has been removed in 6.5. Also Apache Sling Scripting JSP Support(org.apache.sling.scripting.jsp) bundle do not include package org.apache.sling.scripting.jsp.runtime now. Trying to add the dependency explicitly, hope it will resolve.

Level 2
Working Solution : added the above dependency in my poms and synched the dependency jar into nexus from maven central. Thanks to @Asutosh_Jena_ for your valuable suggestions.

Employee Advisor
Could you please share the complete error message with some context? Are you seeing the error at build time (Maven) or at run time (AEM logs)?

Level 2

Found the working Solution!!!

Added the above dependency in my poms and synched the dependency jar into nexus from maven central.

Thank you @markus_bulla_adobe for your response