Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

AEM 6.5 Metadata profile search on the Metadata profile page

Level 10

Hello, 

Was wondering if anyone knew of a way to customize the search functionality within Aem 6.5.8 and above  to have an ability to search for metadata profiles on the metadata profile page , especially when the list is huge within the page so as to be able to filter and choose options such as copy etc 

is adobe planning to include this feature anytime soon ? 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

In response to my question, below is what i followed to implement the feature. The outstanding bug was the card view since perhaps MP do not have that view in foundation

I used the omni search api and set the resource type to apps/XXX/components/metadata with the overlay for list card view 
Ensure there is an ID set in the omnisearch class that you have implemented and use the ID for the search in the UI.

Ensure index is set and that it works prior to running the search

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @NitroHazeDev,

You can write custom code to add custom location search. Please check here: https://www.slideshare.net/justinedelson/omnisearch-in-aem-62-search-all-the-things

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Kiran Vedantam.

Level 10

Hey @Kiran_Vedantam 

Is this something that is doable in 6.5.8

I could use this option but are there any references to show implementation step wise? I do not find anyone implementing the omnisearch for metadata profile online

Level 10

@Kiran_Vedantam 

It does not appear that this code referenced works for 6.5.8 .
I tried adding a filter to the metadata profile page similar to fragments /libs/cq/experience-fragments/content/experience-fragments/jcr:content/rails/omnisearchfilter but

a. Metadata profile is marked a granite internal area and hence overlay is not possible /libs/dam/gui/content/processingprofilepage/metadataprofiles 

b. The search filter although helps bring up search but does not search at the location of Metadata profiles 

Level 10

Inching there, will update the tickey should anyone have troubles implementing it with details

Correct answer by
Level 10

In response to my question, below is what i followed to implement the feature. The outstanding bug was the card view since perhaps MP do not have that view in foundation

I used the omni search api and set the resource type to apps/XXX/components/metadata with the overlay for list card view 
Ensure there is an ID set in the omnisearch class that you have implemented and use the ID for the search in the UI.

Ensure index is set and that it works prior to running the search