Expand my Community achievements bar.

AEM 6.5 Experience fragment emulator - no reload on click

Level 10

Hi,

I am on 6.5 version of AEM . I drag a component , edit and set it up. All good so far. Now in the layout tab, I drag to resize - all good- where a reload of page occurs. When emulator buttons are clicked the screen is resized but the reload does not occur. This causes the onready JS to not be triggered which then does the magic of resizing. Assuming no reload is expected, how do I get past it? 

the reload helps update the div and it’s parent with correct resized width height , aligning to the container width

should I choose to add an event to resize , it would get triggered on load as well so trying to avoid the resize . 

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

This is expected behaviour, if you want to reload the page on emulator click then I would suggest write a logic to reload when click on emulator button but not on resize, otherwise you may have other problems.

Arun Patidar

Level 10

Thanks Arun, what kind of problems are you anticipating for resize and load if I may ask? I see that this if implemented can help when emulator on desktop browser (responsive check) is used. currently using the XF on page and resizing using inspect element responsive grid unless reload is implemented it would not work when you resize. 

Also I tried incorporating on click event for emulator in the component js (widget specific js) but that did not seem to work , while it did on the browser creating a client side script and validating using inspect element. Is this something you’ve dealt with ?  If implemented on click of emulator , I suppose this should reload if perspective is changed from edit to layout and preview on an XF and emulator is clicked , cause emulator option is for preview edit and layout mode.

Community Advisor

If you can reload the page manully, go with it.

The problem you may see with the auto reload on resize, the view port can be resized for many reasons in edit view, e.g. when you click on left rail icon to open page properties or view as publish, and once page is loaded it may trigger same again, you may end up in loop.

Arun Patidar

Level 10

I am hoping the manual would help them but some reason with emulator manual does not work with reload , perhaps the way it is written .. either I calibrate comparing root container and set which would run into reload issue again I would imagine .. or have a location.reload .. I tried location.reload but I put a stop condition as if it is not equal to window width then reload and then invoke function for resize,  else do not perform functions .. I tried properties on xf etc didn trigger the method due to stop condition but when the left rail is clicked it naturally passes through a series of resizing .. will need to check what other means to reload once .. other option was to reload div alone but that didn’t seem to work . Wish the emulators had a reload function as it does for few .. any other tips you can think of ?