Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

[AEM 6.5] Experience Fragment adding a horizontal scroll bar to the page due to OOTB content.css

Level 1

Hi team,

I have added XF component to a page and after giving the variation path to it, it is adding an extra margin to the XF component, due to which a horizontal scroll bar is getting added as shown in the screenshots below.

The margin is coming up from the OOTB CSS

Path: /libs/cq/experience-fragments/components/xfpage/content.css

Class name: xf-content-height

If we remove the margin , the issue will resolve. But I wanted to know what is the use of this class in /libs/cq/experience-fragments/components/xfpage/content.css and how to restrict the usage of the CSS for XF when any variation is added.

Sudeshna1992_0-1600760362234.png

Sudeshna1992_1-1600760701769.png

Sudeshna1992_2-1600760759329.png

image.png

image.png

@kautuk_sahni  @Vijayalakshmi_S @Theo_Pendle @arunpatidar @BrianKasingli 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@Sudeshna1992,

When dealing with XF, its good practice create and overlay your own xf base page (/apps/my-site/components/structure/xfpage). This gives flexibility to overlay existing scripts and files without doing tricky things like overwriting CSS or JS for the resources & components within /libs. 

At a glimpse, /libs/cq/experience-fragments/components/xfpage/content.css looks like styles Adobe added to enhance the authoring experience or to ensure that the component has a min-height... looks to me that content.css is not significant, and will not cause any broken behavior, so your own xf base page, and overlay .content.css, and leave this file empty. 

I hope this helps.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@Sudeshna1992,

When dealing with XF, its good practice create and overlay your own xf base page (/apps/my-site/components/structure/xfpage). This gives flexibility to overlay existing scripts and files without doing tricky things like overwriting CSS or JS for the resources & components within /libs. 

At a glimpse, /libs/cq/experience-fragments/components/xfpage/content.css looks like styles Adobe added to enhance the authoring experience or to ensure that the component has a min-height... looks to me that content.css is not significant, and will not cause any broken behavior, so your own xf base page, and overlay .content.css, and leave this file empty. 

I hope this helps.

Community Advisor

I would not recommend to overlay just to remove margin. If it is only in edit mode then you can ignore, if you see extra padding in publisher then handle it using extra CSS specific to your project.

Arun Patidar

Level 6
Yes, observing the same in publisher, so instead of overlaying that css, we can use the class .xf-content-height{} and make changes accordingly and put this class into a CSS file which loads on every page load.