Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

AEM 6.5.8 - AEM Core Container based components not breaking inheritance on MSM rollout

Level 2

We are on AEM 6.5.8 with core component version 2.14.0 and facing an issue with rollout of container based core wcm components such as Carousel,Tabs and Accordion.

Steps to replicate:

• Create a page on master copy using editable template.
  • Author the master page with Carousel, Tabs and Accordion components and rollout the components to live copies using component level rollout.
  • Verify if the Live copies have the components added to it
  • Break the component level inheritance of the Carousel, Tabs and Accordion components in the Live copy page and author them with a different content other than the one in master page.
  • Repeat rolling out the Carousel, Tabs and Accordion components from the Master Page
  • Now we observed that the Live copies are still inheriting the content from the Master Page, though the inheritance is broken.

We tried the same with other components such as Title as well, but that seems to work fine.

We observed this issue only for core wcm container based components. Has anyone else faced this issue ? Is there a solution to this ?

@arunpatidar @Suraj_Kamdi @Vijayalakshmi_S 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

6 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

there are lot of issues with MSM with 6.5.7 upgrade, though I have tested this use case for me it works in 6.5.7

I don't have AEM 6.5.8 setup with so can't test but if you can reproduce this in vanilla instance then you can raise this as an issue with core componet community at https://github.com/adobe/aem-core-wcm-components/issues

with the core component version

Arun Patidar

Level 2

Thanks @arunpatidar for your reply. We did setup a vanilla instance and tried this scenario again. And the issue is replicating in 6.5.8 and core component version Core Components 2.14.0 . Looks like a possible bug. Will raise the issue at https://github.com/adobe/aem-core-wcm-components/issues . Will post here in case we get any update.

Community Advisor

Hi @anirudh_satchitanand

Is it possible for you to try with 2.17.x version of core components once while we wait for an update in GitHub issues. 

Per the release versions 2.17.x is mentioned for versions 6.5.6+

Thanks for your reply @Vijayalakshmi_S . Tried with the latest version of core components 2.17.8. But the issue still persists. 

Community Advisor

Ok @anirudh_satchitanand,

Just for a cross check, could you please let know if you are cancelling the inheritance at Component level (say, Carousel component) or individual items under it. 

This is because cq:LiveRelationship mixin is available with both carousel node level as well as individual items added under it. So cancelling at carousel node level will not cancel the inheritance for items within. 

We did cancel the inheritance both at component level (i.e) on the carousel and then on the individual items as well, but then still we are able to replicate the issue.

We tried the below use case :

• Author a Carousel Component with 3 buttons at Master level.
  • Go to a livecopy, break inheritance on the Carousel component and delete 2 of the buttons.
  • Rollout the Master page
  • You’ll see that the two deleted buttons now reappear.

On canceling the inheritance of the individual items result in the same behaviour as well. Is there a work around for this ?