Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

AEM 6.4 -- RTE Hyperlink plugin-- Target drop down flickers infinite on scroll.

Level 5
Level 5

Use Case,

1. Drag and Drop a Text component in http://localhost:4502/editor.html/content/we-retail/us/en/men.html  page.
  2. Open the Text component dialog for the edit, Author some text in the Rich Text area of the component.
  3. Select the Text and Click on the "Hyperlink" RTE plugin,
  4. Click on the "Target" drop down
  5. Try to scroll by mouse.
  6. Observe that the RTE plugin drop down start flickering and it is infinite

Note :-- It happens in default small Touch UI dialog window, not on full dialog window.

1650434_pastedImage_0.png

8 Replies

Administrator

Are you also to reproduce it to other browsers as well?

Ratna Kumar​ can you please have a look at this one?

Kautuk Sahni

Level 10

Hi,

I too checked the issue in Chrome and Mozilla and yes there is a dropdown flickering issue and not on full dialog window.

I think this is a bug. Please raise the support ticket to Day care.

Thanks,

Ratna Kumar.

Level 3

Hi Ratna,

Could you please update the resolution here as we are also facing the same issue here on AEM 6.4 SP3.  Is this got resolved?

Would really appreciate your help.

Regards,

Ashish

Employee

Hi Ashishr,

Please have team expand and review the 6.4.4.0 release notes [1] , in particular, search for CQ-4257440 details :

Snippet:

• Rich Text Editor in dialog is flickering when popover of a plugin is higher than text area, hence, blocking any further authoring. NPR-27579: Hotfix for CQ-4257440

Regards,

Lisa

[1] AEM 6.4 Service Pack Release Notes

Level 3

We are also experiencing this problem on AEM 6.4 SP4.

Employee

Hi Tarrant County team,

We are working internally (with your CSE) to review the issue on your PROD environment -- we will be updating the related Daycare ticket accordingly.  We apologize for the lack of ticket updates -- as detailed in the recent ticket update.

Regards,

Lisa

Level 3

Hi Lisa,

Thank you so much for your quick resolution to this issue. For others with this problem, it was happening on our system due to dispatcher caching on the author.

Best,

Nina

Level 1

I can see this fix is available in AEM 6.4.8.0 .But Currently we are using AEM 6.3 .Do we have any fix available for 6.3 version

Thanks

Sheetal