Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

AEM-6.4 | Page property | Image drag drop issues

Level 2

Hi All, we are migrating our site from AEM 6.2 to 6.4.

In AEM 6.2 we have a template where authors open the page properties and drag drop any image from DAM.

With AEM 6.4 page properties always open in new tab where left rail for DAM is not available.

Has anyone faced similar scenario and what solution people have for this case ?

Service pack -1 for 6.4 is already install.

9 Replies

Level 10

This is not reproducible. If you have a fresh AEM server - check on that as well.

Level 1

Facing the issue with AEM in-place upgrade from 6.2 to 6.4. Seems it is issue with product.

Level 10

Hi,

I can see that DAM assets is available in left/side rail.

As Scott stated, try in fresh vanilla instance. Also, when you open page properties for the particular page, it will open in full screen where you cannot see left/side rail.

PageProperties.PNG

Thanks,

Ratna Kumar.

Level 2

Hi Ratna,
As we can see in your screenshot, left rail is not available when opening page properties for a certain page.

I want to be able to drag drop an image to page properties using image picker.

This was possible in 6.2, since page properties could be opened in a popup dialog, where the side rail of the page was present. That is not the case in 6.4, since page properties open in full screen.

Level 10

Hi Ankit,

Yes, from AEM 6.4, page properties open only in full screen mode and you will not see the Side rail of the page.

As an alternative, you can use file upload option.

Thanks,

Ratna Kumar.

Level 1

Hi Ratna,

I am facing the same issue with our AEM 6.4 Upgrade. Drag and drop is not available due to DAM side nav doesn't appear for page properties. You mentioned file upload as an alternative, is that by using file upload component instead of the image upload?

Thanks,

Bimal

Employee Advisor

Hello,

This feature has been introduced in 6.4 SP4.  Asset picker button has been added with which you can select the asset from the Dam.

Integrate dam assetpicker modal in page thumbnail component. NPR-28131: Hotfix for CQ-108042

Check release notes: AEM 6.4 Service Pack Release Notes

Regards,

Vishu

Community Advisor

We faced similar issue when upgraded from AEM 6.2 to AEM 6.4 (No service pack) when we upgraded and there is no solution from adobe at that point.

So, I came up with a custom solution so that authors can still drag and drop images that they used to page properties dialog in earlier versions (< 6.4).

Created a component and added that component as default component for a template. Added page property image fields in the component and after dragging and dropping images in the component dialog, instead of storing images under component node under jcr:content, I customized name field in dialog so that the images will be stored under jcr:content (similar to how images stored when drag and dropped in page properties).

By above custom solution, authors are able to drag and drop images used in page properties and all existing pages and new pages are working fine.

Level 2

Yes I can see they have added this in 6.4 SP and 6.5, but why would they not offer the same asset picker button for dialog components like fileupload? Instead the component is hardcoded to be tied with the page thumbnail which seems like a wasted opportunity.

Right now, if you opened a component dialog with the left rail closed, or if you switch to full screen mode, you cannot drag an asset into a fileupload dialog!