Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM 6.4 Google Captcha Cloud Service Configuration

Level 2

In AEM 6.4 / 6.3 a cloud service for google captcha is created in author mode and used in an AEM form. When the form is published, The cloud configuration didn't get published. So tried explicitly  replicated the /conf/global/settings/cloudconfigs/recaptcha folder and tested the form in publisher. The form erred showing "Invalid  Captcah". The server logs showed "JCE Decryption" Error. Opened a ticket with AEM Support, they told that the Cloud Service Config has to be created explicitly on the publisher, but we could use the same name.  We did that, but on author / publisher running on PRODUCTION mode this is not possible and the replication will not work either. Any solution / workaround for this?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Scott,

I contacted the Adobe AEM CS and they responded referring this article.

Security Checklist

Under the section: "Make Sure You Properly Replicate Encryption Keys When Needed"

The hmac key used by the author and publisher are different by default.

So what they are recommending is to copy the hmac file from

<author-aem-install-dir>/crx-quickstart/launchpad/felix/bundle21/data

to

<publisher-aem-install-dir>/crx-quickstart/launchpad/felix/bundle21/data

and restart the publisher.

From then onwards the captcha key replication / publishing started working seamlessly.

This information is very important to a developer who is implementing the google captcha (v2), but unfortunately it is not mentioned nowhere in the context of Captcha Component !!.

I think Adobe need to revamp the AEM dev documentation so that it is complete and useful to the developer community.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 10

Did you follow up with the support agent?

Correct answer by
Level 2

Scott,

I contacted the Adobe AEM CS and they responded referring this article.

Security Checklist

Under the section: "Make Sure You Properly Replicate Encryption Keys When Needed"

The hmac key used by the author and publisher are different by default.

So what they are recommending is to copy the hmac file from

<author-aem-install-dir>/crx-quickstart/launchpad/felix/bundle21/data

to

<publisher-aem-install-dir>/crx-quickstart/launchpad/felix/bundle21/data

and restart the publisher.

From then onwards the captcha key replication / publishing started working seamlessly.

This information is very important to a developer who is implementing the google captcha (v2), but unfortunately it is not mentioned nowhere in the context of Captcha Component !!.

I think Adobe need to revamp the AEM dev documentation so that it is complete and useful to the developer community.