Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

AEM 6.4.1 Page Properties cloud service tab not reading /conf cloud services

Level 2

Hello Team,

We have Typekit cloud service in aem 6.4.1 using Tools -> Cloud servies -. Typekit  and it was created successfully and got stored under /conf/{project node}/settings/cloudconfigs/typekit path but this cloud service configuration was not showing in the page properties cloud services tab. It looks like it's reading cloud services from /etc/cloudservices only.(legacy) How can we update page properties cloud services to read cloud configurations from the /conf path ?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

What I've observed is that if you use http://localhost:4502/etc/cloudservices.html to create a configuration, it gets saved under /etc path and reflects under page properties without any issues even in 6.4

I think lazy migration would allow it to be read from under /conf per docs using -Dcom.adobe.upgrade.forcemigration=true but I've not tested it yet.

If you are talking about how to read /conf nodes under code is via com.adobe.granite.confmgr.ConfMgr  mentioned in http://www.nateyolles.com/blog/2016/03/aem-slash-conf-and-confmgr

All /conf related configurations are under Apache Sling Context-Aware Configuration in /configMgr. If you are willing to modify the OOB configurations then you may use sling resource merger on /libs-cloudservices node and modify that specific property to use /conf rather than /etc

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 10

If the page is created from static template, it wouldn't look under /conf.

Try to update from Classic UI using /miscadmin or /cf#, then it would create the required config under /etc/cloudservices.

Level 2

We are using dynamic templates only. we don't want to create or look under /etc/cloudservices.

As you know we can create cloud services using touch UI then it will create the configuration under /conf. When we open the page properties, click on cloud services tab, Cloud configuration dropdown option it should show all the cloud services from /conf location rather than /etc location.

Level 10

Two solutions, depending on how you are accessing the cloudservices and if you are willing to migrate the repo (may have a bigger impact than just one use case) -

1) Force migrate the repo to use conf folder as mentioned in docs - Adobe Experience Manager | Repository Restructuring in AEM 6.4 

Read Extensibility Strategy - Lazy content migration utility can be triggered in order to automatically convert to the new path.

2) Use cq:conf property as mentioned in these articles -

** You may want to take a backup of repo if you plan to try first one.

Level 2

It's a new implementation in AEM 6.4, we don't have any cloud services under /etc/cludservices.

As per my understanding if we use editable templates and if we have cloud services stored under /conf path then they will be displayed in the page properties cloudservices tab automatically but that's not happening.

Also i have added cq:conf property in the page properties (ex:/conf/we-retail) but still it didn't work. I have tested this using we-retail and had the same issue.

Level 2

Upon debugging further i have noticed that cq-wcm-webservice-support bundle reads configurations only from /etc/cloudservices but not from the /conf for the page properties. I think this needs be fixed. this bundle should read from /conf or /etc/ based on the some OSGi configuration or other way. There should be some flexibility around it. Is this an enhancement in future from adobe side ? To fix this issue do i have to write custom code to read /conf cloudservices using ConfigurationManager service?

Correct answer by
Level 10

What I've observed is that if you use http://localhost:4502/etc/cloudservices.html to create a configuration, it gets saved under /etc path and reflects under page properties without any issues even in 6.4

I think lazy migration would allow it to be read from under /conf per docs using -Dcom.adobe.upgrade.forcemigration=true but I've not tested it yet.

If you are talking about how to read /conf nodes under code is via com.adobe.granite.confmgr.ConfMgr  mentioned in http://www.nateyolles.com/blog/2016/03/aem-slash-conf-and-confmgr

All /conf related configurations are under Apache Sling Context-Aware Configuration in /configMgr. If you are willing to modify the OOB configurations then you may use sling resource merger on /libs-cloudservices node and modify that specific property to use /conf rather than /etc