Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

AEM 6.3 WCM Core Components

Level 2

Hi team - We are using wcm core components in our application, however if we spin up the publish instances with "nosamplecontent" the packages related to core components are not getting installed. Is it the recommendation from Adobe ? If that is the case should we explicitly add the packages in publish or do we have any alternatives. At the moment which ever component used wcm core components internally si giving 500 error on publish as we dont have the /apps/core....

Suggestions & thoughts appreciated !

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

You need it on Pub - else the code that uses it will not work.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Community Advisor

Dear Harish,

Given your code relies on wcm core components and their absence gives 500, would expect you need to install them.

If you think they should be part of Core AEM system. Raise daycare and ask to amend nosamplecontent rules to include core components.

Regards,

Peter

Level 10

Are you saying, even if you manually try to install its not working?

Level 2

Activate the core components from the author instance.using content tree activation.

Level 10

Also - core component can be installed from Github- GitHub - Adobe-Marketing-Cloud/aem-core-wcm-components: Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) Sites Core Co...

Just build and deploy following the online Readme.

Level 2

Preveen, nope if I install them I am good

Level 2

smacdonald2008​ ok I will follow github, but my question is it a best practice to have the core comp package in prod publishers, as adobe itself is not including with nosamplecontent run mode

Correct answer by
Level 10

You need it on Pub - else the code that uses it will not work.

Level 10

Say i have a app that uses components whose super resource type is a core component - look:

Soon11.png

For this component to render on PUB - the Core Components need to be available on PUB to satisfy this resource super type.