Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

AEM 6.3 Touch UI edit mode Parsys - HTL unable to hide icons.

Level 2

Hello,

We just migrated our websites to AEM 6.3. I'm trying to solve an issue where the new Paragraph System - HTL in 6.3 is showing all icons in the component context. In 6.2, these are all hidden except for the Parent icon. I tried to add a property to the parsys, cq:noDecoration=true, but didn't work. Can somebody probably had this issue before?

1301883_pastedImage_0.png

This is the backend code for that:

<div data-sly-use.ccc="com.project.core.components.ContainerComponent" data-sly-test.classes="${ccc.cssClasses @ join=' '}" class="${classes}">
  <sly data-sly-resource="${ @path='par', resourceType='wcm/foundation/components/parsys'}" />
</div>

I also added this property in CRX node:

1301884_pastedImage_2.png

Thank you, I would appreciate any help.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Administrator

You should be creating a group with the rights that you want members of that group to adhere.

Or from AEM6.3, you could use Experience fragment for this. It has policy control feature fo this purpose only.

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 2

Apparently, after searching more through this: I found out that the parsys component in the OOTB foundations doesn't have a "cq:editConfig" configuration where I can set the "cq:actions" to hide the edit and delete buttons.

1301983_pastedImage_1.png

Is there a simpler way to solve this, without overriding the component in my /apps and without touching the original /libs parsys component?

Thanks

Level 10

Why is this even an issue - this is the author instance and only authors see this. This has nothing to do with the content that is rendered in a HTL component or an AEM web site.  I am just wondering.

Level 10

To answer your question - to achieve what you are looking for - you would have to override this component under /apps

Level 2

Because we don't want to give authors the ability to edit/delete a parsys - HTL component embedded in a page. Once you delete this component, it deletes the whole content inside it.

Level 2

Thanks for the answer. I guess that's the only way to achieve it then.

Correct answer by
Administrator

You should be creating a group with the rights that you want members of that group to adhere.

Or from AEM6.3, you could use Experience fragment for this. It has policy control feature fo this purpose only.

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni