Expand my Community achievements bar.

AEM 6.3 | Support to same vanity URL for multiple sites

Level 2

I have two websites which are in different domains but use the same AEM instance. I have setup same vanity URL for the two pages-

1. /content/project/en/my-page
  2. /content/project/es/my-page.

I want this page to be accessible like this-  siteone.com/my-vanity-url and sitetwo.com/my-vanity-url.

I have done required setup in dispatcher for vanity URLs but with /my-vanity-url in Vanity URL for both pages, dispatcher is serving just the en version of page in both cases.

In my case, rewrites will not work as the normal page URLs and vanity URLs do not have a identifiable pattern. The original page URLs do not have /content/project and no extension; same is true for the vanity URLs.

Any pointers on it, how can this be achieved?

P.S. - I have seen many posts on this but those looks old thread so created this new one specifically for AEM 6.3.

6 Replies

Level 2

Thank you Kautuk for your response. The required sling mapping is already defined for the sites so normal URLs are working perfectly. Only issue is with the Vanity URLs. Looks like vanity URLs are handled by resource resolver and are completely independent of sling mapping.

Level 2

For both the vanity URLs i.e.

siteone.com/my-vanity-url and, sitetwo.com/my-vanity-url

the en version of page (/content/project/en/my-page)

is rendered.

Level 1

Hi @vivekanandm17

Did you find a way around this issue? I am experiencing the exact same thing but for AEM 6.4.
I have done the setup based on this:
https://adobe-consulting-services.github.io/acs-aem-commons/features/redirect-map-manager/index.html

@smacdonald2008 @kautuk_sahni would you have any advice on this?

Thank you

Level 1

I'm having the same issue here and would love to see if you have figured out a solution?