Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

AEM 6.3 Junit with javascript

Level 8

Hi ,

Wanted to know if there is any possibility to integrate javascript with junit  for writing test cases.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @srinivas_chann1, I think you are asking about JavaScript unit tests for your client library. If you want to write JavaScript Unit tests for your client libraries, you can follow the steps provided in this blog article, How to write Javascript Unit Tests for AEM Client Libraries with Jest

Provided in the steps from the blog, you can review an example of JavaScript unit tests being invoked as a part of the Maven build command; using the Maven front-end Plugin. The Jest test library is being utilised.

However, if you want to write Java Unit Tests using JavaScript, please explain your use case...

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

@srinivas_chann1 What is your exact use case ? I don't understand your question clearly ? Do you want to write unit test for the FE components ? In 6.3 there is support for Hobbes testing framework , which was later deprecated in the other versions. You can find more details https://helpx.adobe.com/in/experience-manager/6-3/sites/developing/using/hobbes.html

http://keysandstrokes.info/aem-automating-front-end-testing-using-hobbes/

Thanks

Veena

Level 8

Hi,

Thanks for the input.

I am looking any option where we could write test case for javascript file functions,It would be helpful  if the same is supported in upcoming versions of AEM.

Any git sample codes will be helpful

Thanks again

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @srinivas_chann1, I think you are asking about JavaScript unit tests for your client library. If you want to write JavaScript Unit tests for your client libraries, you can follow the steps provided in this blog article, How to write Javascript Unit Tests for AEM Client Libraries with Jest

Provided in the steps from the blog, you can review an example of JavaScript unit tests being invoked as a part of the Maven build command; using the Maven front-end Plugin. The Jest test library is being utilised.

However, if you want to write Java Unit Tests using JavaScript, please explain your use case...

Level 8

Hi,

Thanks for the input .

I am looking for javascript testing .As you mentioned jest will be helpful.

I am using AEM6.3 version can i use jest also if there any more examples on jest with aem help.

I could not understand from the example assume i am having javascript located at /etc/clients/comoponent/abc/abc.js then how to write test case .

Does jest support even css testing??

Thanks 

Community Advisor

Jest does not support CSS testing. For you to learn JavaScript unit test with Jest, you can find these tutorial lessons on youtube. For how to setup the Jest with an AEM project, the blog should direct you to the right way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7r4xVDI2vho