Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

aem 6.3 hyphens not getting added in long page names

Level 4

Can someone please confirm that this the same behavior in aem 6.3 for them as well ?

When a page is created with title having more than 3 words in siteadmin(for both classic and touch ui); then hyphens are not present in the page name after 3 words,

for example ; if title is - really long page name in aem 63; the created page has name as really-long-pagenameinaem63

in aem 6.1 it introduces hyphens in all words but introduces it in only 3 words in aem 6.3 and then the page name is without any hyphen

can someone please try this and check in aem 6.3 instance? is this a known issue? How can this be fixed?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

Hi,

We've seen the similar behavior in page name (after 16 characters length) in AEM 6.3, where the mechanism of replacing the spaces by hyphen doesn't work and it simply concatenate the strings from title.

NOTE: We're seeing this issue only when we're entering page title but not the page name and click on create button to create a page.

However, this issue will be resolved if AEM service pack SP1 is installed. Please verify the same after adding SP1.

We hope this helps!

Regards,

TechAspect Solutions

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Administrator

I just created page with Title - this-is-test-title-page-1 and Page name as:- this-is-test-name-page-1

URL created:- http://localhost:4502/editor.html/content/we-retail/this-is-test-name-page-1.html

It is working fine for me. Tested on AEM 6.3

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Correct answer by
Level 7

Hi,

We've seen the similar behavior in page name (after 16 characters length) in AEM 6.3, where the mechanism of replacing the spaces by hyphen doesn't work and it simply concatenate the strings from title.

NOTE: We're seeing this issue only when we're entering page title but not the page name and click on create button to create a page.

However, this issue will be resolved if AEM service pack SP1 is installed. Please verify the same after adding SP1.

We hope this helps!

Regards,

TechAspect Solutions