Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

AEM 6.3 Editable Templates and Dispatcher flush

Level 2

Hello all,

We are trying to utilize editable templates for a website implementation in AEM 6.3. I have a question regarding flushing of the dispatcher agent when a change to the template is made.

For example :

1. I have a template with header and footer which has been authored and the template is published. All the pages created from that template now have the authored header and footer showing up on author, publish and on publisher's dispatcher.

2. Now, I make a change to the header or footer at the template level; say I modify a name of one of the navigation item in the header. I then re-activate the template. Now all the pages on my publish instance show the updated content in the header. However, the dispatcher is not flushed for those pages.

Is this supposed to be automatic or is it expected to have some sort of a custom process to make sure all the pages cached on the dispatcher that have the header are updated accordingly?

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Sagar Sane

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

I think, that's kind of expected at the moment, and you need to implement it yourself. I hope that it's provided by default in the next release.

Jörg

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Administrator

Jörg Hoh If you can look at this one?

Kautuk Sahni

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

I think, that's kind of expected at the moment, and you need to implement it yourself. I hope that it's provided by default in the next release.

Jörg

Level 2

Hi Jorg, Is it still a expectedd behaviour. I am using AEM 6.4.3.

Level 1

Hi Jorg, Is this issue resolved in updated AEM versions? Is there any alternate solution?

Level 1

Hi Kautuk, Do you have any update on this?

Employee Advisor

I am not aware of any change in this area.

Community Advisor

Hello Guys,

I think this is where we use ACS Commons Dispatcher Flush Rules, you can configure a rule say , if A is published and flushed, also flush, B.

https://adobe-consulting-services.github.io/acs-aem-commons/features/dispatcher-flush-rules/index.ht...