Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

AEM 6.3.6 Contexthub Personalisation variants not loading in publisher

Level 2

Hi Experts,

We have implemented Personalisation on AEM 6.3 with AEM-CFP-6.3.3.6-6.0 Service Pack.

After targeting the components, In Author the Personalisation is working fine.  In Publisher this is not working until restart of the publish instance.

After Debugging the issue found to be, After Targeting and activating the Pages.  In publisher the variants for for the Targeted component loaded only the Default content. See the examples below.on page view Source.

Not working Variant loaded as below:

variants: [{"path":"/sitename/uk/en/tips-tricks-and-personal-stories/default","name":"default","title":"Default","campaignName":"","thumbnail":"/sitename/uk/en/tips-tricks-and-personal-stories.thumb.png","url":"/sitename/uk/en/tips-tricks-and-personal-stories/_jcr_content/root/responsivegrid/section_container_1055881294/heading_bar.default.html","tags":[]}],

Working Variant after restart have all the variants including default variants.

Any Suggestion/help is highly appreciated.

Regards,

Prathaap

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

This issue might be caused by caching. Can you try restarting "com.day.cq.personalization.impl.TargetedContentManagerImpl" from the /system/console/components console on the Publish instance.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

This issue might be caused by caching. Can you try restarting "com.day.cq.personalization.impl.TargetedContentManagerImpl" from the /system/console/components console on the Publish instance.

Level 2

We are facing same issue in publish instance AEM version 6.4.4. I tried to restart the bundle and it worked. But when i again target the component and publish it it does not reflect. would you please suggest solution for this. Every time we can not restart when we target and publish it.

Thank you,

Satish

Level 1

@satishnarayan ,

I raised an adobe ticket for this, the issue was with the cq-personalisation jar, Just update with the provided jar it should work.

cq-personalization-5.10.86.jar should work.  

Level 2

Thank You @prathaapmk3 

Could you please help me to get the jar, as i am not able to find it.

Thanks,

Satish

Level 1

@satishnarayan ,

Just to highlight  we faced this in 6.3.6 and used the jar, but in 6.4.4 there might be some corrupted audiences , please correct that audience also check logs for the same.

for jar use this, https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-GdmuTbCRODRkiM9dm_Wy9Smcieoi0P8/view?usp=sharing 

Replace zip ext with .jar

Note: Please check in lower env's before doing in PROD.