Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

AEM 6.2 sp1[Classic UI] : Next Workflow step appearing multiple times against each user in the group.

Level 8

Hi All,

We are building a custom workflow for approval/rejection.

1] wherein the main motive is to run this workflow on a page[which is the payload for the workflow] and it is routed to different groups for approval/rejection based on some requirements. As of now, there is no other logic involved and just routing to different groups based on the requirements.

2] We are using 'Participant Step' from under the 'Workflow' section, while creating the model. Also, we are using OR step, to be passed into the respective participant step, based on approval/rejection. Apart from there couple of 'GoTo Steps'. There are no other steps involved in the model. There is no custom code present as of now in the model.

3] Supose I am at one of the step, from where I have to go to either Approval/Reject step. If approved, there is a goto step, post which it will go to next step in the workflow. If rejected, it will go to next step accordingly.

But one thing that we noticed is, when we go to classic UI inbox[http://localhost:4502/inbox.html] and click on 'Complete'. In the 'Next Step' dropdown, the same step is shown once against the group and once against each individual user in the group. Suppose in this case, on selecting Reject step, it is going to Rejection step, which  is assigned to 'RejectionGroup' which has 'RejectionUser1'. So the same step appears twice. In case I add one more user to RejectionGroup, the dropdown will show Rejection Step(RejectionGroup),Rejection Step(RejectionUser1),Rejection Step(RejectionUser2) and so on, which doesnt look proper.

Can you let us know as to how this can be avoided.  Any thoughts/pointers/reference code/reference article on how to overcome this scenario will be really helpful.

Capture.PNG

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

Yes, you need to write a code and select that process inside Dynamic participant step.

But your OR task should give you the option to select the path.

Adobe Experience Manager Help | Creating a custom Adobe Experience Manager Dynamic Participant step

Arun Patidar

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

I think this is the default behaviour with OR branch and Participant Step.

But In your case you can use Dynamic Participant Step and return the approver/rejected-group to show only groups.

works for me in AEM 6.3

Screen Shot 2018-08-10 at 11.26.46 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-10 at 11.27.28 AM.png

Thanks
Arun

Arun Patidar

Level 8

Hi Arun,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

In my rejection flow, if the step is rejected, then the payload[i.e., page] should be assigned to a specific user group.

But if I put Dynamic Participant Step instead of Participant Step, I get a Participant Chooser dropdown, wherein I will not be able to select the groups.

Is it something like I will have to write custom code if I want to assign it to some specific groups,which will then appear in the Participant Chooser dropdown.

Please let me know your thoughts on this.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

Yes, you need to write a code and select that process inside Dynamic participant step.

But your OR task should give you the option to select the path.

Adobe Experience Manager Help | Creating a custom Adobe Experience Manager Dynamic Participant step

Arun Patidar

Level 8

Hi Arun,

Thank you for your reply. Will check on this and provide an update.

Level 8

Hi Arun,

​Just an update.

​Facing some issue ,getting this custom process step to show up in dropdown. Checking on that part.

​In the meanwhile, was trying to see if using ecma script resolves the issue.

​Added a custom ecma script under /etc/workflow/scripts/samplescript.ecma.

​1] That doesn't show up in the Participant Chooser Dropdown in the Dynamic Participant Step . Not sure what is the issue. Any thoughts/pointers here would be helpful.

​2] However, if I put

function getParticipant() { return "customgroup";

}

inside /etc/workflow/scripts/campaign/approve.ecma (this approve.ecma is already present in the OOTB dropdown) the task is going to that group correctly as desired.

Level 8

Hi Arun,

Sorry for the confusion.

Please ignore the previous post about ecma not showing up. My bad.

Level 10

Are you making progress here.  Also - for you custom steps - are you using Java? Use Java logic as talked about here - Adobe Experience Manager Help | Creating a custom Adobe Experience Manager 6.3 Dynamic Participant s...