Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM 6.2 Sidegrade

Level 3

Hello all,

I am building a new infrastructure stack with new / upgraded host VMs. What are your thoughts on migrating AEM to the new servers? I see 3 options:

1. Copy/paste or clone the instance from one server to the other
    • This would be the easiest and quickest option
    • Any issues we have with the instance (stability, corruption, etc) will persist
  2. Build new / clean AEM instances, and use packages to migrate content between the two stacks
    • This would ensure there are no lingering issues or questions from previous AEM upgrades (we in-place upgraded from 6.1 to 6.2) or having been up and running for a long amount of time
    • This would lose version history
  3. Build new / clean AEM instances, and use crx2oak to migrate content between the two stacks
    • This should also ensure no lingering issues from previous upgrades or extended wear and tear, and would keep version history
    • We tried this once during our 6.2 upgrade, but many things broke because it was going between 6.1 and 6.2. It may be a harder sell to decision makers.

Any other options or thoughts are welcome. Thank you,

Andrew

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Andrew,

I would take your option 1, as option 3 is likely to have the same issues regarding stability. It will just make sure, that you have no issues on a TarMK level on your new instance, which we can typically rule out, because otherwise you would see these issues on your existing instance as well.

kind regards,
Jörg

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Andrew,

I would take your option 1, as option 3 is likely to have the same issues regarding stability. It will just make sure, that you have no issues on a TarMK level on your new instance, which we can typically rule out, because otherwise you would see these issues on your existing instance as well.

kind regards,
Jörg