Tip /
Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

SOLVED

AEM 6.2 Quickstart (publisher or author) can't install on Windows 7 Professional with 8GB of memory / Java 1.8

Level 1

Just after it creates the crx-quickstart folder, it throws this error (message box): "Fatal Error - ClassNotFoundException - org.apache.sling.launchpad.app.Main - Check the system console for more information" (ok msg box to clear).

in /AEM Author/crx-quickstart/logs/stderror.log:

Low-memory action set to fork
Using 32bit VM settings, min.heap=768MB, min permgen=192MB, default fork arguments=[-Xmx768m, -XX:MaxPermSize=192m]
**** WARNING: insufficent heap memory ******************************************
The JVM reports 742 MB but we recommend at least 768 MB +/- 20
Use your JVM's heap size option (like -Xmx768M) to set that size.
Will fork a JVM to get enough memory.
********************************************************************************
No console, will fork to get enough memory
Not forking JVM as -nofork option is set
Setting properties from filename 'C:/Mark/DTO/AEM/AEM Developer Training/AEM Author/cq5-author-p4502.jar'
Option '-quickstart.server.port' set to '4502' from filename cq5-author-p4502.jar
Verbose option not active, closing stdin and redirecting stdout and stderr
Redirecting stdout to C:\Mark\DTO\AEM\AEM Developer Training\AEM Author\crx-quickstart\logs\stdout.log
Redirecting stderr to C:\Mark\DTO\AEM\AEM Developer Training\AEM Author\crx-quickstart\logs\stderr.log
ResourceProvider paths=[/gui, /gui/default]
loadProperties: found /gui/default/gui.properties
loadProperties: found /gui/gui.properties
getResourceURL: found /gui/cq55icon_round_WIN_512x512.gif
getResourceURL: found /gui/cq55icon_round_WIN_256x256.gif
getResourceURL: found /gui/cq55icon_round_WIN_128x128.gif
getResourceURL: found /gui/cq55icon_round_WIN_64x64.gif
getResourceURL: found /gui/cq55icon_round_WIN_48x48.gif
getResourceURL: found /gui/cq55icon_round_WIN_32x32.gif
getResourceURL: found /gui/cq55icon_round_WIN_16x16_block.gif
getResourceURL: found /gui/gui_bg_start.png
getResourceURL: found /gui/gui_bg_on_blank.png
getResourceURL: found /gui/gui_bg_off.png
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.sling.launchpad.app.Main
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
    at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
    at com.adobe.granite.quickstart.base.impl.exec.Bootstrap.run(Bootstrap.java:83)
    at com.adobe.granite.quickstart.base.impl.Quickstart.run(Quickstart.java:265)
    at com.adobe.granite.quickstart.base.impl.Main.<init>(Main.java:878)
    at com.adobe.granite.quickstart.base.impl.Main.main(Main.java:940)
Quickstart: aborting
CHILD process: shutdown hook
CHILD process: exiting

I've been working on this issue on/off for the past two days.... any ideas???

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Administrator

Hi 

Please have a look at this similar forum post:-

Link:- http://help-forums.adobe.com/content/adobeforums/en/experience-manager-forum/adobe-experience-manage...

//  

java -Xms8000m -Xmx8000m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -Djava.awt.headless=true -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port=1089             

-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.authenticate=false -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.ssl=false -jar cq-author-p4502.jar -nofork

Setting the maximum and minimum memory allotted to AEM Author instance to be 8GB, which you can modify as per your needs.

I hope this will work.

~kautuk

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Administrator

Hi 

Please have a look at this similar forum post:-

Link:- http://help-forums.adobe.com/content/adobeforums/en/experience-manager-forum/adobe-experience-manage...

//  

java -Xms8000m -Xmx8000m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -Djava.awt.headless=true -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port=1089             

-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.authenticate=false -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.ssl=false -jar cq-author-p4502.jar -nofork

Setting the maximum and minimum memory allotted to AEM Author instance to be 8GB, which you can modify as per your needs.

I hope this will work.

~kautuk

Level 1

Dear Kautuk,

I am facing similar issue for AEM 6.3 when i attempt to start in Windows 10/Java 8 PC. For instance i even tried to use the following command

java -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -Xmx1024M -jar AEM_6.3_Quickstart.jar

Administrator

I would request you to create a separate question for this one. This helps in the tracking.

Having said that:- If you are connected to VPN from any software. Disconnect the VPN & verify.

Also, have a look at this post:- insufficent heap memory error with cq6-author-4502.jar on 8GB RAM physical machine

// I recommend starting with 1.5G of the heap. So your command line looks like this:

java -Xmx1536M -jar cq6-author-4502.jar

~kautuk