Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM 6.2 Quickstart (publisher or author) can't install on Windows 7 Professional with 8GB of memory / Java 1.8

Level 1

Just after it creates the crx-quickstart folder, it throws this error (message box): "Fatal Error - ClassNotFoundException - org.apache.sling.launchpad.app.Main - Check the system console for more information" (ok msg box to clear).

in /AEM Author/crx-quickstart/logs/stderror.log:

Low-memory action set to fork
Using 32bit VM settings, min.heap=768MB, min permgen=192MB, default fork arguments=[-Xmx768m, -XX:MaxPermSize=192m]
**** WARNING: insufficent heap memory ******************************************
The JVM reports 742 MB but we recommend at least 768 MB +/- 20
Use your JVM's heap size option (like -Xmx768M) to set that size.
Will fork a JVM to get enough memory.
********************************************************************************
No console, will fork to get enough memory
Not forking JVM as -nofork option is set
Setting properties from filename 'C:/Mark/DTO/AEM/AEM Developer Training/AEM Author/cq5-author-p4502.jar'
Option '-quickstart.server.port' set to '4502' from filename cq5-author-p4502.jar
Verbose option not active, closing stdin and redirecting stdout and stderr
Redirecting stdout to C:\Mark\DTO\AEM\AEM Developer Training\AEM Author\crx-quickstart\logs\stdout.log
Redirecting stderr to C:\Mark\DTO\AEM\AEM Developer Training\AEM Author\crx-quickstart\logs\stderr.log
ResourceProvider paths=[/gui, /gui/default]
loadProperties: found /gui/default/gui.properties
loadProperties: found /gui/gui.properties
getResourceURL: found /gui/cq55icon_round_WIN_512x512.gif
getResourceURL: found /gui/cq55icon_round_WIN_256x256.gif
getResourceURL: found /gui/cq55icon_round_WIN_128x128.gif
getResourceURL: found /gui/cq55icon_round_WIN_64x64.gif
getResourceURL: found /gui/cq55icon_round_WIN_48x48.gif
getResourceURL: found /gui/cq55icon_round_WIN_32x32.gif
getResourceURL: found /gui/cq55icon_round_WIN_16x16_block.gif
getResourceURL: found /gui/gui_bg_start.png
getResourceURL: found /gui/gui_bg_on_blank.png
getResourceURL: found /gui/gui_bg_off.png
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.sling.launchpad.app.Main
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
    at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
    at com.adobe.granite.quickstart.base.impl.exec.Bootstrap.run(Bootstrap.java:83)
    at com.adobe.granite.quickstart.base.impl.Quickstart.run(Quickstart.java:265)
    at com.adobe.granite.quickstart.base.impl.Main.<init>(Main.java:878)
    at com.adobe.granite.quickstart.base.impl.Main.main(Main.java:940)
Quickstart: aborting
CHILD process: shutdown hook
CHILD process: exiting

I've been working on this issue on/off for the past two days.... any ideas???

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Administrator

Hi 

Please have a look at this similar forum post:-

Link:- http://help-forums.adobe.com/content/adobeforums/en/experience-manager-forum/adobe-experience-manage...

//  

java -Xms8000m -Xmx8000m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -Djava.awt.headless=true -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port=1089             

-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.authenticate=false -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.ssl=false -jar cq-author-p4502.jar -nofork

Setting the maximum and minimum memory allotted to AEM Author instance to be 8GB, which you can modify as per your needs.

I hope this will work.

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Administrator

Hi 

Please have a look at this similar forum post:-

Link:- http://help-forums.adobe.com/content/adobeforums/en/experience-manager-forum/adobe-experience-manage...

//  

java -Xms8000m -Xmx8000m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -Djava.awt.headless=true -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port=1089             

-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.authenticate=false -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.ssl=false -jar cq-author-p4502.jar -nofork

Setting the maximum and minimum memory allotted to AEM Author instance to be 8GB, which you can modify as per your needs.

I hope this will work.

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Level 1

Dear Kautuk,

I am facing similar issue for AEM 6.3 when i attempt to start in Windows 10/Java 8 PC. For instance i even tried to use the following command

java -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -Xmx1024M -jar AEM_6.3_Quickstart.jar

Administrator

I would request you to create a separate question for this one. This helps in the tracking.

Having said that:- If you are connected to VPN from any software. Disconnect the VPN & verify.

Also, have a look at this post:- insufficent heap memory error with cq6-author-4502.jar on 8GB RAM physical machine

// I recommend starting with 1.5G of the heap. So your command line looks like this:

java -Xmx1536M -jar cq6-author-4502.jar

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni