Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM 6.2, page references and domain name

Level 2

Hello,

When our AEM authors add links to internal content (DAM assets such as pdfs or other webpages), instead of using the content finder to add the links, they will copy and paste the URL from the browser (other times they might create the html first in Adobe Dreamweaver and then add the html via source edit in the text component). 

If the AEM author uses the content finder, the link ends up being something like this (example: /test1.html) and the test1.html page will show as being referenced, but if the AEM author adds the domain name in the link (example: https://www.test.com/test1.html), the test1.html page does not show up as being referenced.

Is there a way for the "referencing" to recognize links that also include the domain name?

Regards,

Jerry

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @jerryle 

When the links are authored with absolute URL (i.e., with domain) it's considered as the external domain. So there is no way you can find out the reference. But if the URL is authored as the relative URL i.e., without the domain, it's considered as the internal URL and we can find the reference.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @jerryle 

When the links are authored with absolute URL (i.e., with domain) it's considered as the external domain. So there is no way you can find out the reference. But if the URL is authored as the relative URL i.e., without the domain, it's considered as the internal URL and we can find the reference.

Thanks!

Level 2

Thanks for confirming.....only recourse seems to be to train/inform our AEM authors to always use relative links when linking to internal content.

Community Advisor

That's correct. While authoring the links we need to take special care.

Thanks!

Community Advisor

Hello @jerryle 

Agree with @Asutosh_Jena_  that the links with domain name will be considered as external links and hence won't be recognized as reference. 

One solution that I have seen implemented is a js/jquery check on the dialog authoring that if the authored link contains say "content/project/en" with a domain or something that recognizes it as an internal link, remove the domain so that as part of authoring only internal link is saved. Else add a pop up for authors for them as a warning that they seem to be authoring with internal urls with domain.

Just a suggestion..

Level 2

Great idea. Thank you. I have forwarded your suggestions to our programmer.