Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM 6.2 Issues with copy / Paste / Move AEM 6.2 within crxde

Level 2

Hi All,

So from time to time we are encountering issues where an error box appears saying "could not copy" or "could not move" or "could not save". nothing is popping up on the error logs and the message itself isn't providing any clues to what the issue is.

AEM version: 6.2

service pack: service pack 1 installed. 

1283226_pastedImage_0.png

1283227_pastedImage_1.png

Any insight as to what this could be would be helpful

Thanks

Eric

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Administrator

It is recommended to use "Save All" with each action (delete/paste).

If this is still happening after using "Save All", can you help us reproduce it?

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Employee

Do you use the "Save All" button often?
It can be worth hitting this regularly when working in CRXDE Lite, especially when creating nodes, etc.

These errors are sometimes seen when a later event is dependent on a previous action. If this initial event hasn't been properly persisted, then CRXDE Lite can throw an error.

Level 2

HI

it happening when we are trying to move a subtree of content from 1 location to another or when deleting a big-ish subtree.  then these errors occur

so we would delete a content node and click save all. if the node we delete was fairly big it sometimes produces the error above "could not save"

Similar situation with the move operation sometimes we get the could not move (and sometimes even though its says could not move it moves the content anyway a few minutes later).

Correct answer by
Administrator

It is recommended to use "Save All" with each action (delete/paste).

If this is still happening after using "Save All", can you help us reproduce it?

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Level 1

This isn't helpful. I am experiencing this as well. The page doesn't paste, so how can I Save All?

Level 10

Only time i see this is when JCR is not saved properly.

Level 1

This Save All solution does not work consistently. The issue is that the node won't paste. Saving after copying a node is not a guaranteed solution.