Expand my Community achievements bar.

AEM 6.2 Full Text Search Not Working | Oak Index Issue

Level 1

Hi All,

On our stage author environment (AEM 6.2), Full Text search is giving 0 results for the content that is recently updated under /content.

On analysis, we found that fulltext-async  oak index is giving exception java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException  when ever it try to reindex.

We checked it under the below link:-

/system/console/jmx/org.apache.jackrabbit.oak%3Aname%3Dfulltext-async%2Ctype%3DIndexStats

We have tried the following things:-

1. Aborting and pause the currently running indexes and resuming it again. But it didn't work.

2. Restarting the AEM environment also Didn't work for us .

In Error Logs:-

28.06.2019 07:37:41.574 *INFO* [aysnc-index-update-fulltext-async] org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.index.IndexUpdate /oak:index/lucene => Indexed 10000 nodes in 5.858 s ...

28.06.2019 07:37:43.207 *INFO* [aysnc-index-update-fulltext-async] org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.index.IndexUpdate /oak:index/lucene => Indexed 20000 nodes in 1.633 s ...

28.06.2019 07:37:45.077 *DEBUG* [aysnc-index-update-fulltext-async] org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.index.AsyncIndexUpdate [fulltext-async] The index update is still failing

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: null

Seems some issue with Repository but not sure about it .

Can anyone help on this ?

Thanks,

Aditya

6 Replies

Level 7

Hi,

before of this occurrence into the logs file, have you something like the following?

javax.jcr.UnsupportedRepositoryOperationException...

Let us know

Thanks,

Antonio

Level 1

We got know about this issue yesterday only. The last successful index date as per JMX was 13/04.

As we maintain only 1 month logs, I cannot search for this exception.

Level 7

Ok,

this kind of exception is faced if there is some wrong index configuration.

Could you share with us the full stacktrace of:

28.06.2019 07:37:45.077 *DEBUG* [aysnc-index-update-fulltext-async]

Thanks,

Antonio

Level 1

These are the only logs I am getting in the logger continuously.

Regarding wrong configurations, can you provide the name of the index i should check for this issue. As we haven't done any configuration changes for our custom oak index.

Level 7

Hi,

this is a little bit difficult. I need logs in order to check which index should cause this issue.

Thanks,

Antonio

Employee

Use OakRun to perform a consistentcy check on the lucene index definitions. This will create a report on the file system -- /indexing-result/index-consistency-check-report.txt

You will need a 1.8.x version of the oak-run JAR for this

java -jar oak-run-1.8.x.jar index --segment --fds-path=crx-quickstart/repository/repository/datastore crx-quickstart/repository/segmentstore --index-consistency-check=2

Flags :

--segment is a legacy flag to allow it to run on older versions of oak (eg pre oak-segment-tar)

--fds-path is the path to the datastore, if there is one