Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

AEM 6.1 Touch UI: how to configure aspect ratios for cropping images?

Level 2

If I edit an image component (e.g. http://localhost:4502/editor.html/content/geometrixx/en/products.html, the "Triangle"), I get a selectbox with aspect ratios (Free Hand, 2:3, Square, ...). How can I add/delete aspect ratios to this selectbox?

Thanks,
Anne

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Here is a pic of the nodes - other one disappeared: 

Hope this helps.... 

View solution in original post

13 Replies

Level 10

Here is the screenshot of a cropping operation in AEM: 

[img]crop.png[/img]

See this older community thread that talks about this. 

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1068345

Hope this helps point you in the right direction. 

Level 10

Hi Anne, somehow I am not able to see that option ! can you share a screenshot so that we get to know what exactly it is

Level 10

Here is the nodes that need to be modified for this use case: 

[img]croppingNodes.png[/img]

Level 2

You have to go to fullscreen modus while editing the image to see this options.

Level 2

Hm no, this does not help. It seems the path /libs/dam/gui/content/assets/crop/items/actionbarcontainer/items/default/items/aspectratio/items mentioned in this older thread does not exist in AEM 6.1
And also if it would exist: in a classic dialog I can add different cropConfig to each image widget in a dialog. And I need different cropConfigs for different components so it would not help to extend the central aspect ratios under /libs or somewhere else. I need a per component solution as in classic UI.

Thanks for your answer anyway :)

Level 10

I will search for this answer within Adobe.

Level 10

There is an example in Adobe - i will write up a community article and post here ASAP. 

Former Community Member

That would be great! We have the same problem. Thanks!

Level 2

The image seems to be broken, could you please provide the path to the node? Thanks a lot!

Level 1

Are there any updates on how to configure the aspect ratios?

Level 10

you need in the classic UI or touch UI ?

Correct answer by
Level 10

Here is a pic of the nodes - other one disappeared: 

Hope this helps.... 

Employee

Hi,

this only helps for components but not for the touchUI AssetEditor at the /assetdetails.html page (/libs/dam/gui/content/assets/editors/image).

e.g. http://localhost:4502/assetdetails.html/content/dam/geometrixx/portraits/scott_reynolds.jpg

Is there any solution to config this aspected ratios without overriding the default-settings inside the coral.js?

CUI.imageeditor.plugins.Crop.ASPECT_RATIOS = [

{name: 'free_hand', ratio: 0},

{name: '2_to_3', ratio: 0.67},

{name: '3_to_5', ratio: 0.6},

{name: '16_to_9', ratio: 0.5625},

{name: 'square', ratio: 1}

];